Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a tire that can do a day at the track and work on the street for a mostly stock '78 T140E. I'm using Metzeler Lasertec 100/90v19 front and 120/90v18 rear currently and they do not inspire confidence.

A friend had mentioned the Pirelli Sport Demons as a good all around tire but he uses them on a lighter bike. Has anyone used these or are there better street/track day tires out there?

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Check on the site for the "new" Triumph Thruxton and you'll see that the Sport Demon is pretty much the most popular tire. That is how I found it. It is all I'll run on my Thruxton, and is also what I run on my '78 TR7RV. Nice and sticky, they handle quite well. Also, they don't seem to need a long warm-up time. I can't really say about how they do in the rain, as I don't push it hard enough in the wet to find their limit.Some who are interested in a vintage look have problems with that aspect, but personally I think they look great, and handling is more important to me than how it looked from the factory in 1978.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts