Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
And I just ordered a set of Conti Road Attacks...

I wonder if Dan Brown will sue for copyright infringement? (Angels and Demons vs Angel or Demon)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Its not clear, are they going to keep the Diablo Stradas or is it meant to replace it ?

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
I think the graphic is meant to tell us they last better than the Strada in touring, and grip than the Strada in scratching (sport riding). i.e. they are an improvement in all areas.
I will try them. I love the Strada's
Russ
So, more mileage and more grip at the same time... Then they WILL get rid of the stradas sooner than later if this is true, because they are cannibalizing them anyways. True ?

So, then, How much, and whats the availability ? :)

·
Registered
703 Posts
The only "gimmicky" thing seems to be the "angel" graphic/tread. According to the website, those cosmetic grooves wear off about 600 miles. Other than that, just going by adspeak/PR, they appear to be better overall tires than the Strada's. :D

·
Premium Member
24,383 Posts
The only "gimmicky" thing seems to be the "angel" graphic/tread. According to the website, those cosmetic grooves wear off about 600 miles. Other than that, just going by adspeak/PR, they appear to be better overall tires than the Strada's. :D

The whole advert is a gimmick IMHO lets wait till someone who rides hard has used 'em up before we believe what the manufacturer says in their adverts.

They may be fantastic but it will take more than a fancy add to make me by a tyre:rolleyes:

DaveM:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
So, more mileage and more grip at the same time... Then they WILL get rid of the stradas sooner than later if this is true, because they are cannibalizing them anyways. True ?
That's what I was told by me tyre dealer - the Strada's will be replaced by these. (Same as the original Diablo's were replaced by the Diablo Rossi's.

So, then, How much, and whats the availability ? :)
I'm waiting to find that out as well :D

Russ

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
The whole advert is a gimmick IMHO lets wait till someone who rides hard has used 'em up before we believe what the manufacturer says in their adverts.

They may be fantastic but it will take more than a fancy add to make me by a tyre:rolleyes:

DaveM:cool:
As a sports/touring tyre, they'd be no good for you anyway Dave :D

If they have stock next time I need a tyre, I will definitely try them. I really liked the Strada's - even more than the Conti Road Attacks.

Russ

·
Premium Member
24,383 Posts
Hey Russ

if you get set of Angel / Demons could you do a report for us in the tyre stickie once you have got the feel for them?:)

That would be great then we will have a real life report.

I would be interested in reading a tyre test between these and the Pilot Road 2CT which was recently rated as best tyre in the wet in an independent French test.

Not to be confused with French testing in the Pacific!:eek:

Thanks
DaveM

·
Registered
329 Posts
Other than that, just going by adspeak/PR, they appear to be better overall tires than the Strada's.
Well whadda ya think..they're gonna advertise them as WORSE tires than the Strada?....I'm with DaveM on this one in that it will take a lot more than some ad copy to make me wanna run out and buy em...geesh.

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Hey Russ

if you get set of Angel / Demons could you do a report for us in the tyre stickie once you have got the feel for them?:)

That would be great then we will have a real life report.

I would be interested in reading a tyre test between these and the Pilot Road 2CT which was recently rated as best tyre in the wet in an independent French test.
No probs Dave, it will be a little while as I don't go through tyres quite as quick as you :D

·
Registered
326 Posts
My current Strada's should be due to replace a couple of weeks before my departure for my big trip down to slay the Dragon, and up the BRP and the US/CAN East Coast.... which is set for end of June... so, maybe, I'll do a report on how they feel like around those dates...

:rolleyes::cool:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Well whadda ya think..they're gonna advertise them as WORSE tires than the Strada?....I'm with DaveM on this one in that it will take a lot more than some ad copy to make me wanna run out and buy em...geesh.
well, that is EXACTLY why I said it was adspeak. Thought that pretty much clarified that there was no unbiased information yet. If you think that I will run out an buy anything based on adspeak, well your wrong. However, the Strada's are well represented here and elsewhere as being an excellent tire. Since some would not dig thru the Pirelli web, I was simply stating that, according to Pirelli, these are better in all areas compared to the Strada (I'm sure Michelin says the same re: the 2ct's and road 2's) which should make them an excellent tire also. Assuming I would buy based on a pretty girl in a video......wrong. Geesh.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just mounted my Angels tonight. I have run through two sets of Stradas. I will let you know after my trip how the new ones did. That being said right now I have a new tire smile. They always change the bike for the better right away!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Bikingteacher >> Don't think you'll have any issues with em, been running a set for abbout 1500 miles now and they are not too bad. See the tyre thread i wrote up an initial impression of them.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts