Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes another, another tire thread! BUT these are relatively new tires. Is there anyone out there using the 150/70 - 110/80 set up? I spoke with Pirelli rep and stock rims are within spec for this set up. It seems that the Sport Demon 150/70 17 have been discontinued.

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm surprised as well that there was such limited response about these tires. Perhaps it is because they are not "classic" looking enough. As per the specs and reviews from other bikes, they seem to be an excellent tire for Thruxton style of riding

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes another, another tire thread! BUT these are relatively new tires. Is there anyone out there using the 150/70 - 110/80 set up? I spoke with Pirelli rep and stock rims are within spec for this set up. It seems that the Sport Demon 150/70 17 have been discontinued.

Cheers
I'm looking for a set of new tires for my 2015 Thruxton 900. I was about to get the Pirelli Sport Demons (150/70 - 110/80 setup) (not discontinued by the way) but my tyre dealer recommended Angel GTs (same setup) instead. There are a lot of recommendations of the Sport Demons for our bikes, but couldn't find much about Angel GTs...

Did you go with the Angel GTs at the end? If you did, would you recommend them? I don't ride everyday, so long life is not important for me. I need a tyre with soft compound and good grip/handling..

·
Registered
819 Posts
The Pirelli Corsas were used up in 4k miles on my TTR. Replaced with Angel GT and havent noticed any difference in dry or wet conditions. Double or triple the miles wouldn’t hurt either.

·
Registered
348 Posts
mpozz, please see my review, part 2, in the thread below.....
https://www.triumphrat.net/air-cooled-twins-talk/933049-going-tubeless-with-the-angels-part-1-a.html

Would still confidently recommend them. I had same issue of limited availability, and pleased I settled on these after much research and reading. Only thing I would add is that they are very tire pressure sensitive. Once you have the pressures set to your liking, be sure to maintain said pressures. Has a significantly adverse effect on handling if falling more than 2-3 psi below your target pressure. Possibly a common issue with many brands!

Ride safe, Thruxty.

·
Registered
146 Posts
ive ran Angel ST on my Sprint ST and now running the GT's on it. Also have a set of GT's to mount up on the Buell XB12X. Best mileage of any tire i've ran. Have been fully satisfied with the performance as well. They offer an "A" for heavy weight touring as well but did not opt for those, even though do a lot of 2 up. They are good for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Run them from new on my 2015 Trophy SE. Dry or wet great traction and resists hydroplaning well to, 8500 miles on the front with 2/32 left, rear was replaced at 3,000 something miles, with 4500 + miles with 4/32 tread left. My only negatives are harsh ride, and trams on ridges in the road. I'm going back to Michelin had good experiences with CT2's and Road 4's on a 2008 Tiger.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Pirelli Angel GT on Thruxton 150/70 - 110/80.

I just put these on my 2015 Thruxton and put tubes in. They look fantastic in those sizes and they work well. I'm very pleased. Only have a few hundred miles on them so far but they seem to have been a good decision.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pirelli Angel GT on Thruxton 150/70 - 110/80.

I just put these on my 2015 Thruxton and put tubes in. They look fantastic in those sizes and they work well. I'm very pleased. Only have a few hundred miles on them so far but they seem to have been a good decision.
Hi, It’s my first time ever on a forum, not really sure yet how it work, but I’ll give it a try.
Can you give me more details on which option you choosed? I’ve been doing lots of research but no one seems to ever talk about the type of tyre : Radial vs bias..
I’m looking at a pair of Angel GT 150/70R17 at the rear and 110/80ZR18 front on my stock rim...

thanks for your comments,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts