Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
you might try this "old skool" trick.clean the inside of the pipes best you can, then spray white VHT PAINT down the tubes. this will protect the pipes at the first bend off the cyl.head from turning blue.i think it must reflect some of the heat down the exhaust,thus protecting the exterior chrome.do NOT use a product called blueaway, as this will also remove the chrome with the blue.

·
Registered
201 Posts
My header pipes are blue brown and acouple other colors and the collector is dentened and scraped all to hell. Oh well, they still work so I'm happy with it. Not to mention that I well beyond worrying about every nick and scratch on a damn near 100,000 mile bike. I love the old tank, but I don't expect it to be pretty anymore.

·
Banned
557 Posts
Just had my header/mid-pipe ceramic coatedblack.....it just looks f-ing unbelievable!! Was easy and very worth the effort.

·
Banned
557 Posts
Was charged $180 and it came out AMAZINGLY perfect. There pix in another thread "Exhaust options:REMUS HEXACONE."

Yes, had it done locally here in southern Cali. San MArcos to be precise. In the same thread there is a link to the place.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cool, thanks for the info. i havent put my 3 into 1 on - i am gonna get the header and mid pipe coated. i found a place in the Dallas area - going to call him tomorrow.

anything i need to be aware of - i assume they take the header pipes out first, they will fit back in no problem?

also - did you coat the header connectors that come with the 3 into 1?

·
Banned
557 Posts
Don't have that exhaust. I have a dual carbon fiber exhaust set up....see the thread I mentioned earlier.

After coating, the header bolted right back up perfectly, no problem. Make sure you have 3 new copper crush gaskets first and ready to go.

I even had the pipe clamps and lower heat shield coated as well so it all blends right in.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ah sorry, thats right, i looked at your bike not realizing that you dont have the arrow 3-1.

i took all the silver bits off my bike (everything except the levers and top tree) to have powder coated and the headers/mid pipe ceramic coated. cant wait to get it all back. my bike is in pieces - hopefully i remember how it all goes back together.

·
Banned
557 Posts
That's why I always took digital pix of the stuff before I took it all apart. Most of it is logical but sometimes the little bits I forget the subtle orientations and stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts