Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help, I have recently purchased a 2006 955 and after only 20 minutes riding my right hand thumb is hurting and I have pins and needles in my hand. I'm not holding or gripping tight but its got to a point where the pain in my thumb still hurts even if I don't ride the bike for a day. I haven't really noticed excessive throttle vibration compared to my previous Suzuki. Would heavy bar ends help? Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Stomach crunches for you mate. You're riding with too much weight on your hands. I'm a fat bastard with strong stomach muscles and they support my weight, not my hands or wrists.

You just cannot ride a Daytona properly with a lot of weight on your hands or a tight grip. Gotta stay loose and let it glide.

I'm serious. If you want pleasure from a Daytona, do some core strengthening exercises. About a month of nightly crunches will have you lifted off your hands.

Linz :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I totally agree with Linz . Strengthen up your core, stomach, lower back and mid back through the shoulders and you will notice a vast improvement and far more joy in your riding. Be safe. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts