Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else here ever had a problem running a Pingel fuel tap. The final alignment is turned too far off center for my liking and I have had a slight fuel weep since installation. Yes, I ordered the rubber gasket recommended for Triumph tanks, but it still leaves enough residue to be noticeable. I also changed out the fuel line thinking that could be attributing to the issue, but no change. I am going back to stock and have ordered new gaskets and some good quality clear 5/16th fuel line. Maybe Triumph does know best, and of course I just filled the damn tank..........

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Have you tried any non-hardening gasket maker? I used some along with the rubber gasket on a vacuum petcock installed on the Bird with excellent results.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After I drain the tank I am going to look at the Pingel closely. Still leaning to going back stock but time will tell.....

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
I have one on my 2001 Adventurer. Totally agree about the alignment being off. The previous owner had added an inline fuel filter which was causing me problems.

PS: Are you the guy selling the yellow 99 Thunderbird on Facebook Marketplace?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have one on my 2001 Adventurer. Totally agree about the alignment being off. The previous owner had added an inline fuel filter which was causing me problems.

PS: Are you the guy selling the yellow 99 Thunderbird on Facebook Marketplace?
Not me, don't think I have ever been on Facebook. Must be some other good looking Dude.......

·
Registered
525 Posts
I put a Pringle on my Daytona many years ago. I rubbed the area back to bare metal and installed it with black petrol proof permatex, don’t think there was any gasket on it. Took me a couple of goes to get the threads lined up using plumbers tape carefully as you don’t want that getting into the fuel system.
It’s never leaked in years.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Back to Stock

After draining the tank, I did find the weep was coming from the rubber gasket under the Pingel base. Rather than try for a re-seal I went ahead and installed an OEM petcock with new gaskets. I also changed out the fuel line with new 5/16th high pressure clear from Summit Racing. All's right with the world again. I will keep the Pingel in the parts bin, may come in for a project down the road.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts