Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have the part number from Keihin for the 42 pilot jets for the Bonnie. For some reason my dealer says he can't get them. I can go to the local HoYasuski dealer and order them but need a part number. This has worked in the past when ordering other parts that Triumph doesn't list or have. (works for brake parts) Thanks.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Go to www.newbonneville.com Click on performance parts then click on jets. He has 42-45-48 pilot jets. Under $8.00 a set. Don't know thw part numbers though.
I am going to start jetting my bike. I wasn't going to go for the pilot jets yet. What will you changing them fix? Flat spot taking off??

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the source. I hate going to that site since it will probably cost me more money than the jets :) . Several posters have indicated that they Will help with cold weather starting which my bike seems to suffer from. I try I ride all year round so hopefully they will help.

·
Registered
258 Posts
357 Bob: You only change your pilot jets if adjusting your idle screws won't get you rich enough after changes to intake or exhaust causes a lean condition. :cool:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Even after NARK ing I still only run 40s, 2.5 turns out. Tried 42s and had to screw all the way in. Sure you need them??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts