Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,478 Posts
Could the float level be low enough that the tickler has to finish filling the bowl before flooding? I've run into this before. But it would only run a few seconds at a time.
This was the case with a bike I was working on recently. The fuel level was set so low it took ages to tickle. Eventually it would flood and start , idle poorly and then die and be difficult to start again. Setting the float correctly sorted it completed.

· Registered
1,478 Posts
Sorry, the float level has NO effect on the tickling, if the float is held down by the tickler, the fuel will flood - period, as long as fuel is not blocked. How the bike will run after starting with the wrong fuel level is another matter.
PS if the fuel level is VERY low (never seen that with Premiers), then it will take a little longer to fill, by only with poor flow.
No, the float was so far down the tickler barely reached to push it down, hence the valve wasn’t fully open and it took a long time to tickle.

· Registered
1,478 Posts
Fair enough, but never seen that on a Premier. 'Spose if someone had messed with it.....
Strangely this was on a new carb with stay-up float and removable pilot. The float valve seat was sitting very high in the bowl, it was so high I tried warming the bowl and tapping it down but it didn’t want to budge so I ended up bending the tangs quite a lot. It must have come like that from the factory.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts