Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a Sprint ST for domestic and touring purposes - my wife can't get onto the Tiger 1050, and we tried a Trophy 1200 (a 2001 one, not the current shaftie) and that was a bit too tall and too heavy, but the 2004 Sprint has proved pretty much perfect. However, my wife is finding the footpegs a bit uncomfortable and ungrippy. She does wear proper boots, but she's putting a fair bit of weight on the pegs. So I wondered if there were any footpegs with rubber tops known to be a straight swap.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Not that I'm aware of, but now I'm a bit curious. Remind me tomorrow if I haven't replied...

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
149 Posts
i slid a piece of rubber hose over a set of cheap(CHINA) adjustable passenger pegs. moved down and forward an inch or so used knight design drop pegs for mine

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've now bought a Triboseat non-slip rear seat cover (like that grippy rubbery mesh you can get to stop things falling off your dashboard), which we should be testing out soon. The reason she was putting so much weight on the pegs was that whenever I stopped, she slid along the seat into me, and this should prevent that, so we may not need to change pegs after all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts