Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Wife likes a back rest when riding as a passenger. I looked for a while for a back rest for my '18 XRt. I was not surprised when I did not find one, I had looked for my '05 Tiger as well and never did.

I do not really like the looks of a top box, so the back rest on those did not work for me. I also use a "Rally Pack" which I really like especially since it is so much lighter than a top box. So I made my own back rest. Turned out OK and the Wife is happy.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plagiarize away. I did look at the company in your link for inspiration. I liked the look of the flat rack and the backrest. Just got a bit pricey when you purchase both parts, and I already had the backrest.

·
Registered
53 Posts
pashlit

My Wife likes a back rest when riding as a passenger. I looked for a while for a back rest for my '18 XRt. I was not surprised when I did not find one, I had looked for my '05 Tiger as well and never did.

I do not really like the looks of a top box, so the back rest on those did not work for me. I also use a "Rally Pack" which I really like especially since it is so much lighter than a top box. So I made my own back rest. Turned out OK and the Wife is happy.
That looks nice. Did you weld it by yourself or had a shop do it for you? I ve been looking for a "sissy bar" for my Tiger but havent found any.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I welded it myself. Many years ago I was a Navy welder trained as a SS Nuclear Grade TIG welding and served for six years on board nuclear submarines. If the reactor sprung a leak out at sea, I had to fix it. Never happened. I have a decent metal shop with lath, mill, bandsaw, drill press and Lincoln Square Wave 175 TIG welder.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I welded it myself. Many years ago I was a Navy welder trained as a SS Nuclear Grade TIG welding and served for six years on board nuclear submarines. If the reactor sprung a leak out at sea, I had to fix it. Never happened. I have a decent metal shop with lath, mill, bandsaw, drill press and Lincoln Square Wave 175 TIG welder.
Oh wow. Thats great. I wish I had such skills. Will keep using top box I guess.

·
Registered
11 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts