Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, I have just got back from a ride with my Dad on our America's, we went to the Birmingham NEC show. I have included a link to the pic's of the twins I took incase anyone wanted to look at the new Thunderbird, the bonnies new mag wheels or the Scram's two into one Arrow exhaust. Here it is:

http://s475.photobucket.com/albums/rr119/triumphlad/

I spoke to guy on the stand that confirmed the Thunderbird will be available late next year and is officially part of 2010 line up. Also noticed the VIN on the T.B says salesprototype, so maybe this bike could still go through changes???

The bike looked good in person, I also noted the fake cooling finns are deeper than they looked in pictures, which helped it's looks. Personal opinion from sitting on it, relaxed and spacious riding possition. Oh also the custom builders are eyeballing this bike because a trike stand had a pic of the bike standard and written underneath: Trike version coming in '09!

As a side note, happy to say all the Triumphs were recieving lots of attention and the new bonnies look great AND that new Scram blew me away! lol.

Any questions anyone has, I will try to answer them!

Ben

·
Registered
331 Posts
I agree with you - the white Bonnie has it going on. The brown seat is a nice change. Kinda makes the luggage not look so out of place as it does sometimes. Whats the deal with the new T-Bird? Its a 1,500 cc twin?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok Haggis i'm adding some more pics, the pics are a few custom classic Trumpets that I liked at the show.

BTW, I meant to say that a few small changes I noticed to the classic twins were, the headlamp has a new inner shell making it better for night riding I guess. They also appear to have all had the mirrors extended at the base of the arm which some will be glad of!

Ben

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
That white and brown Bonnie is real nice for sure. I actually really like that combo. The bad thing is the chrome side covers.....echhhh they should be white with something cool on them.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Good looking bike

side covers are guady. Like meeting a beautiful, then she smiles to show gold capped teeth.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Good looking bike

side covers are guady. Like meeting a beautiful woman, then she smiles to show gold capped teeth.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Why Mag wheels?
I know the benefits of tubeless, but to me it is not only ugly, but detracts from the bike. It dosen't stand out from the rest anymore. I liked the Triumph America untill it went to mags. Now it looks like everything else.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I agree...I don't like the Mag wheels. I feel the spoked wheel gives it more character and class. Tubeless is nice - but the mag wheels, IMO, only detract from the classy lines/feeling of the bike.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I preffer spokes too, but the mag wheels help to broaden the Bonneville customer clientel as they will attract people who like the bike but would rather have practical mags (less cleaning, no chrome, no spokes to adjust and tubeless).

Ben

1 - 15 of 15 Posts