Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1901 - 1920 of 1927 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
On our long weekend, a friend and I went on a quick camping trip to Golden Ears Park, outside Vancouver. This was to test out camping gear and luggage and venture a solid 75 kms from home, and the wives. Pretty brave, I know, but we be rugged folks. Only two pub lunches, strong coffee and beer, 5 deg C at best overnight, and, very thankfully, no bears. I slept with a toque on, thus the funny hair. The Africa Twin looks pretty **** compared to the Tiger 850, right?

Plant Plant community Ecoregion Tent People in nature

Plant Plant community Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Tree Leaf People in nature Wood Tarpaulin

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle

Sky Plant Mountain Natural landscape Larch

·
Registered
Triumph Tiger 900GT
148 Posts
I thought I liked you. Now I don't.:ROFLMAO:. Seriously, that is something I am aching to do, and I am very envious. We have a house in Italy, and even so, I have never managed to make a motorcycle trip out of it. I'll expect a decent tour report, with routes, and a sizeable set of notes about everything that happened, didn't happen, almost happened, could have happened, or might have happened, but you didn't see it because you were in a bar down the street. Or you were kidnapped by pirates. Pics required in either case.

(y)
I am taking 3 cameras, so there will be photos!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
On our long weekend, a friend and I went on a quick camping trip to Golden Ears Park, outside Vancouver. This was to test out camping gear and luggage and venture a solid 75 kms from home, and the wives. Pretty brave, I know, but we be rugged folks. Only two pub lunches, strong coffee and beer, 5 deg C at best overnight, and, very thankfully, no bears. I slept with a toque on, thus the funny hair. The Africa Twin looks pretty **** compared to the Tiger 850, right?
I’ve don’t something similar a couple of times. No judgement here, only 👍.
100% correct re the Africa Twin, especially (but not only) when compared to a Tiger.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm teasing of course about the AT. It is a superb all-round bike. My friend loves it and talks about it constantly. I admire it more than I 'like' it, but I also think the new Tigers are much more photogenic (getting back onto topic... sort of).

·
Registered
699 Posts
Here's my 2021 Tiger 850.

Current mods are:
  • center stand
  • barkbusters
  • cruise control
  • quadlock

I've only had it a month after having a Trident for a year. So far loving it, my only complaint is the bar vibration above 4300 RPM. Going to try weighted bar-ends as a first step.

View attachment 785951 View attachment 785952
That's one sharp looking ride!

1901 - 1920 of 1927 Posts