Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1781 - 1800 of 1804 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Mountain

I picked up a new 2022 rally pro last weekend and got it out in some dirt yesterday for the first time. I put the HEED crash bars and engine guard on it as well as Touratech radiator and headlight guards, Barkbuster hand guards, Doubletake mirrors, Evotech GPS mount, SRC Moto rear rack and Motoz Tractionator Adventure tires. I'm not really crazy about the Tractionator up front but I still had a spare leftover for my 800 so I put it on. I absolutely love the Tractionator on the back. And I'm loving the bike so far too.

It was a beautiful day for a ride but a little chilly at times. The frost on the this bridge deck was a little slick!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
[QUOTE="TigerBC, post: 2004231565, member:
MotMotoz Tractionator Adventure tires. I'm not really crazy about the Tractionator up front but I still had a spare leftover for my 800 so I put it on. I absolutely love the Tractionator on the back.

[/QUOTE]

I never liked the Tractionator Adventure up front either so mated the Adventure rear with a Tractionator Rallz front on my Scrambler. Motoz actually recommended that combo to me after I contacted them about the appalling scalloping on the front. Better mileage, at least as good grip on road, better off road and looks heaps better too. The Rallz rear is also good but the tread is a bit more open and I got better on-road mileage from the Adventure.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
I never liked the Tractionator Adventure up front either so mated the Adventure rear with a Tractionator Rallz front on my Scrambler. Motoz actually recommended that combo to me after I contacted them about the appalling scalloping on the front. Better mileage, at least as good grip on road, better off road and looks heaps better too. The Rallz rear is also good but the tread is a bit more open and I got better on-road mileage from the Adventure.
I have some friends with Rallz rear on their KTMs but I think the longevity and road performance of the Adventures is better. I need to ride on highway for a while to get to dirt so road performance is a good thing for me. Rallz on front is worth giving a shot though. I may try that when I wear this one out. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
2020 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro
113 Posts
Left the house yesterday morning to go riding with a buddy. It was foggy....to the point where you had trouble seeing past 100 feet.... All of the sudden as I was rising up the mountain road to my friends house, I broke free into beautiful sunshine. Stopped to take a pic once I got further up. Wow....

Out in the middle of the Anza Borrego Desert. (Grapevine, Jasper Trail and Old Culp Valley Road)
Sand surfing again...

Overlooking Borrego Springs from Jasper Trail

Overlooking Warner Springs from Palomar Divide Road... a very cool mixed dirt/very broken asphalt road to the top of MT Palomar.

·
Registered
2020 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro
113 Posts
Rode up High Point Truck Trail today (here in San Diego) with a buddy to the lookout at the top of MT Palomar. This is the part of Mt Palomar that cannot be reached by car. Temps were 70's-80's and absolutely beautiful day. First time I've been up there and the views were incredible. You could see the Pacific in the background and all the way to PT Loma. Mt Palomar Observatory in the background. The lookout tower is the tallest in Cali sitting at 6140 feet. Dropping rapidly down 4000 feet on the truck trail was an important lesson on line selection and staying frosty as there are some pretty gnarly drops...lots of loose rocks and sand thrown in.

1781 - 1800 of 1804 Posts