Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Bobber & 2022 Tiger GT PRO
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m an admitted Triumph fan boy. I currently have a 2017 Bobber and a 2021 Street Triple R. The Street Triple R was an impulse buy. I bought it because I rode sports bikes in my 20’s and thought I would still enjoy them at 47 years of age. I was somewhat right. I love the bike but realized that I will most likely never ride it the way it’s meant to be ridden. I finally decided to sell it and put a deposit down on this 2022 Tiger 900 GT PRO. I can’t believe how nimble it felt. More power than I expected and after taking it out for 30 minutes or so, I was sold on it. I’m excited to pick up this bike next week and will be spending a ton of time going through this sub-forum this weekend. My only question to you all is: Is there one “must have” mod that you would do to this motorcycle? I’m trying to minimize how much I spend since this is the most expensive bike I’ve ever bought. Thank you in advance for your responses.

pic of the bike.

Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
26 Posts
They are very well equipped as standard, so I don't think there are any "must have" extras really.
My bike is a RP but equipment is the3 same as the GT Pro. I fitted a different windscreen (A MRA Touring Vario) because I found the OE screen to be too narrow for me, but you may well find the OE screen to suit you, any people do.
I also have just fitted a Leo Vince silencer for a little more "sound" but this was purely an indulgence :cool:.
I'm sure you will love the bike.

·
Registered
2022 Tiger 900 Rally Pro 2016 BMW S1000R
7 Posts
Congratulations on the new bike!
What’s the hurry? Take some time to get to know her. Only thing it really needs is gas.

Reactions: RO73

·
Registered
Tiger 900 GT Pro
616 Posts
It's a great bike and mine has surprised some of my riding mates. I've put a bit of upgrade info on a similar thread here

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congratulations on the new bike!
What’s the hurry? Take some time to get to know her. Only thing it really needs is gas.
Im not really in a hurry. The dealer is giving me $500 of store credit and I’m trying to decide what to get.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a great bike and mine has surprised some of my riding mates. I've put a bit of upgrade info on a similar thread here
Thanks Dr.Shifty. Great write up.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
Tiger 900 GT Pro
616 Posts
Happy miles ahead.

Another tip. When you wash the bike, wrap some kitchen wrap around the quickshifter module beside your left ankle. Several of us have had problems with them after either washing or riding in rain. Some have been replaced under warranty. Mine stopped but kicked into life again before the dealer could book me in to check it. I guess it dried out over time. I've got some nano waterproofing liquid (used on phones) coming to treat it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Happy miles ahead.

Another tip. When you wash the bike, wrap some kitchen wrap around the quickshifter module beside your left ankle. Several of us have had problems with them after either washing or riding in rain. Some have been replaced under warranty. Mine stopped but kicked into life again before the dealer could book me in to check it. I guess it dried out over time. I've got some nano waterproofing liquid (used on phones) coming to treat it.
Thanks for the tip. I will definitely do that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Happy miles ahead.

...not to sidetrack RO73's GREAT lookin GT...!!! 👍💪 RO73...!!!
...but give all us "quickshifters" some feedback about that NANO once you get it and where etc etc.
Please

1 - 18 of 18 Posts