Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a dash walkthrough guide for idiots like me? Or is the service manual good enough at explaining it..

Excited to have a triple again, i missed my 2011 675 since about 4 days after I got rid of it. Short test ride on the RS sold me on it, coming off a 1260S multistrada. Sold my bonneville last week, I thought i was done with triumph but the dang triple vacuum sucked me back in lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
I found the manual to be sufficient, it’s pretty easy once you play with it.

Make sure the dealer has applied the latest software update, it made the rev counter much easier to read. Still not great but a definite improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just use "Display #2" and have RPM's in a digital readout across the top/middle
Yeah that's the best option but it still requires having to read numbers while riding vs looking at a colorful sweeping motion that instantly gives you a sense of where you are in the range without having to actually look at it. Truth be told I mostly shift on sound and feel anyway.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah that's the best option but it still requires having to read numbers while riding vs looking at a colorful sweeping motion that instantly gives you a sense of where you are in the range without having to actually look at it. Truth be told I mostly shift on sound and feel anyway.
Agree completely..

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just use "Display #2" and have RPM's in a digital readout across the top/middle
Yeah I prefer display 4 , but will switch to display 2 sometimes as well. I liked the dash a lot more on the 2018 rs I had though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I like the 1st option with the biggest rev counter. I used to not like it but I’ve gotten quite used to it. Has the digital speed ###s nice and big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok so i test rode the 19 RS and liked the dash.. Now after hearing this and doing further research on youtube, the dashes are completely different? This is extremely upsetting, Why would triumph design it this way for this year with no option for a sweeping tach?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts