Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I picked up my '07 Sprint today. What a nice bike! I didn't get to ride much. Spent all day waiting at the dealership (Orange County MotorSports) while they got the bike ready, filled out the papers, etc.
The 4 miles I did ride was great. The engine and tranny are MUCH smoother than my Duc Monster. This thing is a real motorcycle.
I took the week off work so I could ride. I'll keep you informed (I'm sure you all know how great the bike is since you all have one).

Tally Ho!
Ara

I'll post some pics after I give it a nice bath and polish.

[ This message was edited by: Ara on 2006-12-04 22:13 ]

·
Registered
323 Posts
Awesome! Congrats! I haven't even seen one in person yet. My local dealer doesn't even have them in. Enjoy!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well done Ara! Post some pics when you can.

I hope to pick up my Tornado Red 07 this week. It will be good to compare notes after living with them for a little while.

Take care and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On 2006-12-04 23:34, tuk wrote:
Well done Ara! Post some pics when you can.

I hope to pick up my Tornado Red 07 this week. It will be good to compare notes after living with them for a little while.

Take care and enjoy the ride.
Have fun Clinton!

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
Welcome Ara,

Great bike. Just try not to grin too much. After a long ride it really hurts your face with all of the heavy duty smiling !! :-D

·
Registered
720 Posts
On 2006-12-04 22:10, Ara wrote:

The 4 miles I did ride was great. The engine and tranny are MUCH smoother than my Duc Monster. This thing is a real motorcycle.
I took the week off work so I could ride. I'll keep you informed (I'm sure you all know how great the bike is since you all have one).

Tally Ho!
Ara

I'll post some pics after I give it a nice bath and polish.
Just wait until you've racked up a few thousand miles. The engine and tranny REALLY smooth out! I also noticed an immediate difference in the ease of shifting when I changed to full synthetic at around 500 miles.

Enjoy your new ride Ara.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys,

Pics of my new ST are on page 3 of the photo submission page.
Went for a 170 mile ride yesterday through Frazier Park/Lockwood Valley/Highway 33/Ojai. Any of you living in the LA area, this is a must ride! Incredible roads and scenery.
The bike was phenomenal. Truly enjoyable.

Ara :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Sweet bike!

I know the Hwy33 ride to Ojai~ thats a lot of fun.

You can then get on Hwy 150 to Santa Barbara... then 192 to the 154 for a stop at the "Cold Springs Tavern" (good place for a buffalo burger) and on up to Solvang... so many roads, so little time :)

Enjoy the new bike!

BTW, dont forget Malibu and the PCH :-D

~Randy
Ride safe!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good looking bike. I'm turning green with envy, but all I'm seeing is red... ST's.

Enjoy man, that bike, those roads, priceless.

Gordon

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On 2006-12-07 11:11, RandyDTFR wrote:
Sweet bike!

I know the Hwy33 ride to Ojai~ thats a lot of fun.

You can then get on Hwy 150 to Santa Barbara... then 192 to the 154 for a stop at the "Cold Springs Tavern" (good place for a buffalo burger) and on up to Solvang... so many roads, so little time :)

Enjoy the new bike!

BTW, dont forget Malibu and the PCH :-D

~Randy
Ride safe!
Thanks Guys,

I'll try that route sometime Randy.
I've lived here all my life, but never travelled these beautiful roads we have in SoCal 'till I started riding.
It's almost like starting life all over again.

Ara

·
Registered
354 Posts
I bought my Sprint from Orange County Motorsports also.

I've rode Ojai area quite a few times, for a real nice ride take the 33 to the 166 then make a right on Cierra Nordestra rd (SP?) takes you up and over Pine Mountain and dumps you in Frazier Park.
Very nice road! Nice aweeping twisties with nothing real tight!

[ This message was edited by: SoCalSprint on 2006-12-08 02:07 ]

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ara

Congrats on the bike. Got mine in June. I've been riding 20 years. off and on, last six on. I thought I knew S.W. Ohio pretty well. This summer I have found more sweet roads to ride than I can tell you about. Some day I would like to ride up the west coast. That would have to be one of the best rides in the States.
The more you ride your ST the more you'll like it. It really is an awesome bike!!

Brian

1 - 17 of 17 Posts