Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked her up yesterday, in 30 40 mph wind and driving rain, I had about a 2 1/2 hour ride like that, and I know it sound crazy, but I had the time of my life!!

She is the black ABS model, no bags as of yet , but I am told that they should be here any day, it is everything you folks said it would be, and way more than I thought it would be!

Thanks ALL of you for all the great info here.. It played a huge part in my decision to purchase a Sprint.
I went for another ride today, a little less wind put still pouring, I have about 180 miles on her , and what is amazing is how much she is loosening up.

Anyway all of my gear is waterlogged and I'm froze, and have a smile on my face that wont go away!
Thanks again, Ride safe
Chef John. :cool:

M

·
0 Posts
Yes, please post lots of pics!!! I'm considering getting the black also. I want to be sure it's worth spending the extra money over a 2006 blue. :) I've been scouring the web for photos of the black one and all I have found is this:

http://www.raptorsandrockets.com/images/Black_metal/Sprint-ST-Phantom-Black_r.jpg

There is another side view of one in a showroom with bags on, but I can't seem to find it atm, I'm sure it's been on this forum in the past though.

I'm particularly interested in other angles, such as the back view, straight on the headlights in the front, etc. If you need help posting, PM me I can host the pics for you.

Cheers, and grats on the purchase!
Monaco

·
Registered
290 Posts
Congrats! :chug:

I spent a lot of time riding in western WA. (Olympia) and remember those rain-rides well. Some of my fondest memories :wink:

What do you think of the stock exhaust note? I hope to be riding home on a new Sprint soon myself... hope its raining that day too :-D

Enjoy your new ride!

~Randy DTFR
Ride safe!

·
Registered
497 Posts
I remember picking up my 05 like it was yesterday. It happened in the driveway just a few weeks after I bought it. :gooff: ">

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Hey, that looks a lot like a Sprint, but it's all wet.

I haven't seen an '07 in the showrooms and I am curious about the seat. It is supposed to be different, and IMO mine could use a little difference.

My '06 seems to slope down toward the tank and push me forward. Do you notice this? Could you provide a brighter shot of the seat? Until proven otherwise I would consider the '07 seat an option.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CLB..I sat on the 06, and for me the 07 is defiantly more comfortable. As far as pushing me forward ...I don't feel that.. I am still trying to find my "sweet spot" as far as riding position.

·
Registered
159 Posts
That black '07 looks sweet! The bike will continue to break in and ride better and better. They told me that Triumphs take a long time to break in. My Silver '06 now has 4700 miles since new (all mine) and it just keeps getter better every ride.

You are going to love this bike!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Looks very sharp!

Interesting that it doesn't look like the clip-ons are that much higher than my '06, though it does look like the side vents are a bit more open (hopefully that helps reduce the problem with heat).

Curious, too, about the seat, though I'm probably the only one that thinks the Sprint's stock seat is the best stock seat I've ever sat on. Of course, I'm still hoping that Sargent get's around to creating a seat for the new Sprint.

Congrats, again!

·
Registered
497 Posts
That looks great!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Nice pics! Especially next to the last one...you might want to think about upgrading from that pink helmet tho'...doesn't your hair get wet from the rain?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Good and wet...the way they all should look!!

Hey neighbor!! Port Hadlock...been there done that. I'm over in Kitsap. Lots of wet riding lately, and now cold, too.

I90 Motorsports. Hmm. Have you been to the dealer in Olympia? I've done business with Lynnwood but the Olympia place is closer and there's no ferry ride involved. Haven't been to Issaquah.

Maybe we'll see ya out and about? Get off the peninsula much?

Enjoy!!!

:razz:

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
On 2006-11-22 20:53, DaveM wrote:
Congrats Chef John she looks beautiful!

I've always been partial to black :)

Davem :cool:
What he said, well the first part, we know the second part is not politically correct in this day and age :)

Seriously, welcome Chefjohn, the bike looks a beauty and it's great that even in ***** conditions you enjoyed the first ride.

here's to many more of 'em :-g
Russ :chug:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts