Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ok I've just a regular bonnie, I actually like the Speedo only gauge set, maybe i'll put it back to that. Totally understand about the work hardening principle. going to check the gear shifting this weekend along with taking off the front forks and checking the frame out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Got a real nice set of F3 forks off ebay, no rust, and definitely straight and clean. Just resealed for $200 shipped. Happy to report no frame damage, unbolted the engine, no stress, took some measurements in various places etc. We're good to go. Also shifting is fine. Anyone know the thread size of the shifter arm end? Have a clutch lever on order as well.
So wondering if the water cooled tanks fit the air cooled injected models? What about the water cooled seats? If they do would you have to get both so the WC seat matches up to the WC tank to make it look right?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
No on both the water cooled tanks and seats, you shouldnt have trouble finding seats for your bike, tanks will be a little harder to come by but not impossible.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Does the thruxton tank have a different shape than the t100? I can't tell from pictures. is it narrower in the knee scooped out area?

·
Super Moderator
1,621 Posts
Seats come up all the time in the classifieds section as does many of the other parts you may be needing. Great place to find stuff from fellow Rat members and usually better prices then other open market places.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Air cooled Bonneville, Thruxton and Scrambler tanks are the same model year to model year, different colour schemes and some have knee pads but the same tank. Spoke wheel EFI (T100) and alloy wheel EFI have the same tank; Some hybrid Carb/EFI tanks interchangeable at the time EFI came out but easier to find rocking horse droppings.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
anybody know what exhaust this is on my bike? I thought it might be dominator touring because of the "DT" but now that i'm looking at the pipes online they have a different stamping on the pipes. Just trying to identify them. They sound good to me..
bonneville 7.jpg

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
anybody know what exhaust this is on my bike? I thought it might be dominator touring because of the "DT" but now that i'm looking at the pipes online they have a different stamping on the pipes. Just trying to identify them. They sound good to me.. View attachment 717792
Unless you just plain dont like the sound or the look of those pipes I'd try to buff out those scratches, maybe they're deeper then I realize and cant be done, but that would be the last thing that I'd worry about changing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
anybody know what exhaust this is on my bike? I thought it might be dominator touring because of the "DT" but now that i'm looking at the pipes online they have a different stamping on the pipes. Just trying to identify them. They sound good to me.. View attachment 717792
They are the same as my Dominator Touring that I bought a few years ago. In fact mine are almost identical apart from a mirror image, my right side pipe is damaged in the same place! 😃

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice bike, I bought mine new but kind of wish i'd started with a crashed one, leaving money to do all the mods!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Hey thanks keithd funny how we got the same buy opposite scrapes!
It does leave room to play thats for sure! Wouldn't have been able to afford a bike that was in nice shape so this was my buy in! I've checked the frame, took numerous measurements etc. it isn't bent. Bike was hit on the front ended up with bent forks. When it fell there must have been a rock or something that the tank landed on I'm thinking. I'm also guessing the tow company didn't give a **** as they must have winched it up on a flatbed while it was layed down because the front tire rubs and is real hard to push in neutral. Waiting to disassemble the front when I get my F3 forks delivered. Can you believe that the tow company had a bill to the original owner of appx $3500. I'm guessing thats pickup and storage. Poor gal had to sign over the title and give up the bike. Then the tow company listed it on Craigslist for $800 I offered 6 and done deal. I love the fact that its fuel injected, tired of carburetors!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Got my ebay set of F3 forks in the mail last night, they look good should work. One of the stanchions I think may me be gently bowed by only 1mm or so. Is that going to be a safety concern or non issue? I put both stanchions together and spun them against each other and noticed that little bit . Starting to get parts in the mail, exciting!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts