Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't it funny how you get invited to go for a ride, just as Autumn arrives.

When we arrived back I realised that I had been correct in thinking that something was just 'not quite right' about the steering. I think I've tracked it down to overtight headrace bearings, as I could feel and hear them creaking when turning the steering. further investigation is needed, but this can wait until the new bar risers are ready.

Cheers, BIGMICK. :-D

[ This message was edited by: BIGMICK on 2006-11-13 17:16 ]

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Kit, it looks like a OEM triumph rack. I have the top portion of it, but not the sides racks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're quite correct, those are the Triumph racks by Givi. They came with the bike along with the Triumph badged, Givi Monokey cases. I haven't used them yet but they look good on the bike. I'll take a pic. of them fitted when I get chance. The rack is quite substantial, but just a little too close to the end of the seat to be a good pillion grab handle. I will modify it by moving it rearwards when I remove the racks for powder coating.

On my first '92 Trophy I had a Rentec rack that fitted well and was in the correct position to be a useful pillion grab

Cheers, BIGMICK. :-D

[ This message was edited by: BIGMICK on 2006-11-18 12:57 ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts