Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, both run high and low. Like the above poster, I installed PIAA bulbs...stock lights were pretty decent, but these bulbs transformed things. Nice bright light, worth every cent.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think "brighter" may be somewhat subjective...I've just always had good luck with PIAAs for longevity and a nice even beam.

I have Hoens in my car, and love them, but they don't offer a high/low H4 bulb. I think they're as good quality as PIAAs, and are typically a little less costly.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope...they are "white", really no bluish tint at all. I know exactly what you mean though, I hate that fake look, too.

The Hoens I have in my car DO have a slight blue tint on the bulb itself, but when they are on, it's just brilliant white light. I think they throw the tint on there for looks, nothing more.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I would REALLY love to be able to go to HID's like the Daytona has, with the true HID upgrade. True HID upgraded prjector headlights throw the best beams i've even seen.

What I found when I installed my lights is there's a TON more light on the road and it's damn near daylight (not quite, but I digress) with the brights on. Beam stregnth is now good enough to really see what is coming up and about 3/4 of the way in coners.

There's a nice 1/2 mile strait with a SHARP 90 bank to the left followed by a mile strait with a SHARP 90 bank to the right by my house. There's no lights on the road and with the new head lights without even using the brights I can literally see everything.

Getting rid of the "yellow" stock head lights and replacing them with the whites was probably the best thing I could do to the bike.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree...one of the best bangs for the buck mod you can make. Cheap, simple to do and could save your life. Not a bad combo at all.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Nope.

I had a little trouble with getting that metal ring behind the headlight back to how it should be. But it just added 5 minutes to the ordeal...:cool:

·
Registered
904 Posts
I would REALLY love to be able to go to HID's like the Daytona has, with the true HID upgrade.
Not too sure about the HID thing. If you peruse the 675Net forum, there seems to be a common denominator regarding HID and fried rectifiers with those Daytonas. I don't know if it's just something my simple mind singles out or not, but I don't seem to remember very many Striple electrical issue type threads like I see about the Daytona. :confused:

Neanderthal

·
Registered
582 Posts
I would bet it has something to do with the ballasts and all the extra non-water/humidity tight holes they have to drill and all that other crap that ultimately adds up to electrical failure. As far as I know, there's no possible way to actually convert the headlight system on the Striple to HID/Projector beam headlights, though I might be wrong.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I think you can put a HID system on anything if you're willing to figure out the wiring requirements. I'm on several scooter forums and guys are putting HID on everything these days. But I thought the lighting on the Striple was OK, so with these plug-in bulbs like the PIAA, perhaps the HID would not be worth the trouble.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thanks for posting those pictures!

Those PIAA bulbs actually look good with no blue tint at all.

That might be a mod I'll have to make as soon as the Orange beast arrives.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nope.

I had a little trouble with getting that metal ring behind the headlight back to how it should be. But it just added 5 minutes to the ordeal...:cool:
Any tips to install? I just ordered them from Amazon and plan on doing it this weekend (I am all thumbs mechanically)

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts