Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my son this a couple of days ago, he thinks its fantastic and has been touching up all his photos.

Now last night we are sitting there having dinner, when he comes out with " Oh its also does "bags" under the eyes" I didn't think much about it at the time, just nodded and said thats interesting.

I'm sitting here at work (obviously busy) and its just occured to me the cheecky little sod directed the comment to me:eek:

I don't have any bags under my eyes, bloody teenagers:mad:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Cheeky little devil! Did you clip him round the ear? :D

I use Photoshop all the time and I have to say that I've spent a lot of time retouching people's bags and lines, subtly of course. Tell him if he wants to retouch bags under the eyes really well then drop the brush opacity down to 50%, gives you a more controlled and subtle result than the full 100% opacity brush.

I'll be honest with you I do some retouching on my own pics and definitely any including ME! :D

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Cheeky little devil! Did you clip him round the ear? :D

I use Photoshop all the time and I have to say that I've spent a lot of time retouching people's bags and lines, subtly of course. Tell him if he wants to retouch bags under the eyes really well then drop the brush opacity down to 50%, gives you a more controlled and subtle result than the full 100% opacity brush.

I'll be honest with you I do some retouching on my own pics and definitely any including ME! :D

What! :eek: And I thought they were all natural! :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
Touching up photos is probably safer than touching up the local girls. :eek:

And it could have been worse... At least he didn't say 'Old Bags' :p

I use Aperture personally... :cool:

Andy

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
There is a freeware version called.....GIMP. Yes I know a dodgy name but its free and does pretty much what Photoshop does.

·
Registered
16 Posts
if he wants, i can teach him how to REALLY bring those bags and wrinkles out ;)
ya know, just for educational purposes!

*ducks and runs* :D

·
Premium Member
5,053 Posts
I do contract work for two local shops, mostly touching up group photos and sometimes portraits. The message I get from the photographers is "be complimentary to your client but don't lie to them." People can be insulted by excessive editing in Photoshop. A lot of living went into the crow's feet around the eyes, give them credit for that.

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is a freeware version called.....GIMP. Yes I know a dodgy name but its free and does pretty much what Photoshop does.
Thanks Nick, I'll tell him about that, his dad and I call him McGeek, he really is very good at what he does!!

If only his school work got the same dedication he give to his computer, It is the only one he gets top marks in, oh well McGeek it is:D

·
Registered
179 Posts
son

rose,

if he is so involved with his computer and loves it, why isnt he doing his school work on the computer?

is he?

regards,

maj den

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rose,

if he is so involved with his computer and loves it, why isnt he doing his school work on the computer?

is he?

regards,

maj den
He does do his homework on the pc, its just all the other pages open as well, facebook, Youtube etc etc.:D

I'm a little old fashioned in that I like him to write by hand as well, its a dying art unfortunatly, like writing snail mail letters.

I still think you can't beat a hand written thank you note.

He is very technical and will no doubt have a career in this field.

His 15 soon and already helps out at school with filming on HD camera, all professional cameras I should say, with radio communication by headphones. He also does route menus on DVD's etc and has been making his own some of his own stuff too.

I don't really mind him doing this stuff, but there is a fine line between pissing about and getting your work done!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts