Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just back from the Isle of Man Classic and Manx GP, the island was awash with fantastic classics which outnumbered modern bikes I am glad to say. All sorts from Vincents to Gold Stars,lots of modern Triumph Classics but only saw one other TBS with a sidecar attached!

Mine attracted a lot of interest I was pleased to see in such exalted company.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2000 TBS mods:
custom paint
Sargent seat
Bobbed rear fender
Lucas style brake light
Progressive front suspension
Penske rear suspension

Would like to upgrade brakes and install different handle bar.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
My Emma: 2000 triumph thunderbird sport

Racetech suspension with gold valves. Air box delete. Re-jetted (42/145) rizoma risers, lsl handlebar, truclight led low/hi beam, self made double led brake light, bare metal with clear coat and complete DIY copper leaf on seat cowl, dart screen and badges. Tank swoosh in copper still pending. A tinge of copper on the helmet for the 2017 nyc DGR

Zee
2000 triumph thunderbird sport
2015 BMW F700gs

·
Registered
60 Posts
Another pic following the removal of the tank knee rubber grips which is a great improvement .
Also removed the airbox and fitted intake pods which worked out absolutely perfectly using a Sigma jet kit supplied to suit the Mecatwin silencers.Dunno about power but its so much more free revving and sounds lovely. Also looks good taking away the chunky airbox.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Decided to redo the front end copper leaf project as I didn’t like the dart screen compared to how well the solo seat came out. Also chose a Thruxton 900 Mini fairing over the older dart screen.

Zee

·
Registered
29 Posts
TB 900 -96
Mods:
-Speed Triple handelbars (Sprint Manufacturing)
-Adjustable levers (Sprint Manufacturing)
-Floating front disc (Sprint Manufacturing)
-Avon Air Cushions Chrome grips (SB-AIR-90-CH)
-Nissin front 3 piston caliper + braided line + EBC double H Sintered pads
-Amber & Chrome Bullet turn signals
-K&N air filter (secondary air box removal) + one extra hole in right side (same size as left hole) and split in half for easy access
-Mikuni carbs rejettet: 120 mains, 42.5 pilots, 4th position (from top) on jet needles, air screws 2.5 out
-Unrestricted carb-to-head inlet rubbers
-Aftermarket Chrome foot pegs
-Hagon rear shock (M66004)
-Emgo Reverse Cone chrome mufflers (repacked with 0.5" thick ceramic fibre cloth and one stainless steel pan scrubber in each baffle)
-Low profile seat (Texavina, L5098)
-Short rear mudguard with Lucas style light (made by Steve Turner in UK)
-TB sport rear turn signal brackets
-Texas 10L swing arm bag
-Some extra chrome parts
-Weird chrome eagle on front fender

101 - 109 of 109 Posts