Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Avid rider and backyard mechanic.

This is my dad in 1965. I'm trying to figure out more info on this model. Maybe even try to source and recreate this bike. I don't own any triumphs now. I ride all hondas and yamahas bikes currently.

I'm toying with the idea of sourcing parts for this bike.

Many thanks in advance for help this!

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
My Friend

Well welcome to the Snake Pit. Might I assume you are part of Chi-Vin? Motoblot is 3 weeks away. Keep cool this weekend a record since '54 may be broken.

While there is not enough info given on the pictured bike I am going to make an educated guess it is a 1946 to 1954 bike. Dreams are a wonderful thing. I would advise you to not to try to recreate the bike unless you have unlimited funds.

I am going to assume your father is no longer with us since you are unsure of the model & year of the pictured bike. IF that is the case my sincerest condolences.

K

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, he's still with us. He's actually riding a 'busa these days. To each his own i guess!
I was toying with the idea of tracking down bits here and there to get as close to this build as I can.

Yes, I have met up with chivin a couple of times, hopefully i'll have free time to make it to motoblot too!

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
My Friend

You are lucky he is still with you. My father would have been 108 last week and passed in '53.

Again approach this only if you have unlimited funds.

K

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
My best advice would be to start with a complete or semi-complete bike. Trying to build one from scratch will cost much more in the end.

Welcome!
GPZ

Just curious what do you figure it will cost to find a suitable bike donor bike tween '46 to '54?

K:headscratch

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Well there is about 8 hours left on the eBay bike and it is now about $3850.00 and hasn't moved since you put up the listing.

IF this is what you want to do I hope you are one of the bidders. The bike would be a good candidate and you should be able to recover some $$ by selling the tank and seat. Rear fender & taillight look to be what you want. A large amount of expensive detail parts are there and the nuts do not appear to be rounded. Really to bad about broken fin on the T/S of the cylinder head but that can be repaired. The other problem you will have is there is no title that IS a problem in Illinois.

Best of luck

K

1 - 10 of 10 Posts