Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't help myself, I just had to share some shots from a track day at one of the best race tracks in the world.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
727 Posts
It's a fantastic track, ha you need to get your arse off the seat a bit! Just joking. Once you get used to it and used to the bike in those surroundings it is amazing how many of the 'faster' bikes that you are able to ride around. Something to do with available power versus scary power and having the appropriate brain power to be able to deal with it all I guess. Other tracks like Broadford and Mount Gambier are like chalk and cheese but are no less exciting for it. It has been a while, you have scratched an itch!!!

Thanks, Simmo

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny you say about getting my arse off the seat Simmo, I passed a lot guys doing just that :D I think with these bikes it's all about being smooth and carrying as much corner speed as you can. But after seeing the real fast guys it's definitely a horse power track. Hopefully Broadford is next which will probably suit the Thruxton better cause even though I've scratched the itch got this feeling it's gonna come back again, probably around March next year:vroom

·
Registered
727 Posts
Ha yep. I reckon passing in turn one was the surprise. The faster guys would brake a lot coz they were probably going maybe 260+ km/hr whereas we are struggling to get to more than 200km/hr, but we don't have to slow down. So all these R1's and things zip by on the straight and you can rip past them in turn one and they then take the rest of the track to catch up.

Have fun, Simmo

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Nice pics. What a great experience :)

My Dad helped remake the track back in the 60's. He was very proud of that. We drove around their in his FE Holden as commemorative drive hanging out the windows. It was a slow circuit in the old Holden though :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts