Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long should an authorised Triumph dealer need to diagnose a faulty injector as the cause of a misfire? How long does it take to fit a new injector and a set of spark plugs?

A friend of mine took his Triumph Rocket III to Philip Youles in Manchester because it had a slight misfire. They had it in their workshops on three seperate occasions to diagnose the fault. The third time they had the bike for FOUR WEEKS and a day. It turned out to be a duff injector and his total bill was over £700.
Over £700 to replace a faulty injector and a set of spark plugs.
Incompetent is too kind a word.
A backyard bodger could have fixed it quicker.
Technicians MY ARSE!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Back to the top with this one.
Anybody got an answer?

How long should an authorised Triumph dealer need to diagnose a faulty injector as the cause of a misfire? How long does it take to fit a new injector and a set of spark plugs?

A friend of mine took his Triumph Rocket III to Philip Youles in Manchester because it had a slight misfire. They had it in their workshops on three seperate occasions to diagnose the fault. The third time they had the bike for FOUR WEEKS and a day. It turned out to be a duff injector and his total bill was over £700.
Over £700 to replace a faulty injector and a set of spark plugs.
Incompetent is too kind a word.
A backyard bodger could have fixed it quicker.
Technicians MY ARSE!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Commiserations on the crappy Triumph mechanics in Monchester. Freedom Cycle in Reno is the bee's knees. By the way, what's a Hinckley "fake" Bonneville? I had a 1970 TR6R and a 2004 Bonneville. The new model was a much better bike in all respects, but it looked and sounded much the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts