Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am seriously considering buying an 09 Sprint and black seems the right colour (or lack of colour). However, I haven't seen an 09 Sprint in Phantom Black, and the dealers don't have one to show me. Earliest new ones will be delivered is March. Today I had a good look at the same model in Graphite and could chose that. I have seen what phantom black looks like on the Speedmaster - but only on small areas.

If you have viewed the Sprint in Phantom Black please post your opinion. Photos on the Triumph site are inadequate for making such a decision.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I have an '07 Phantom Black Sprint, which will look pretty much the same as the latest model. It's by far the best looking and fastest of the Sprints and if you own one you'll never be without a woman chasing you. :D

There are many pictures of the model/colour on the net and Google will help you find them. Here's one to whet your appetite.

http://www.raptorsandrockets.com/images/Black_metal/Sprint-ST-Phantom-Black_r.jpg

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have to say that had the black been available in 08 when I bought my Pacific Blue, I would have gone for that. The black looks just so sweeeeet!

As it was I had to wait much longer to get the blue one over the grey or red and it was well worth the wait.

Hold out and get the colour you really want... if you do not and compromise, you will be forever kicking yourself.

Best wishes,

James.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I do not know what the Sprint supply situation is there but here in Canada it is very limited. I bought the last Sprint my dealer received in 2007 and this was in April. And like Henry Ford said it "I could have any colour I wanted as long as it was black".

The little bit of metal flake in the black is gorgeous :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Check out the pics of my 07 in black (link in my sig)

I originally wanted blue since I have 2 blue cars and wanted it to match. But once I saw the black, I changed my mind! I like how the frame, mirrors, grab rails, etc. all blend in on the black, and all the silver bits stand out. The metal flake in the black is really cool in the sunlight, its multi-colored with silver, blue, and red.

·
Registered
74 Posts
After owning a black car and seeing how much dirt shows, and how swirl marks stick out, I'll never own another black vehicle! :eek:
If you wash and protect the paint properly you should never have swirl marks. I had no clue how to "properly" wash a vehicle until I went to autopia.org and did some research. It takes some time and $$ but the results are well worth it :)

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I despise black cars, I had one that the air went out on and it was murder in the summer. I hated it and the dirt, oh it was never clean. Bikes on the other hand I love. It takes maybe 20 minutes to was and wax a bike.

Swirl marks are easy to remove, and avoid. Plus if done properly your paint till look like a glass mirror perfectly straight and no peel.

·
Registered
131 Posts
what years was black an option?

Tried to do a little research - but the only two years the new generation Sprint ST came in black were 2007 & 2009, correct?

You seldom see a black one for sale.

·
Registered
357 Posts
The black one is breath taking. I had a Caspian before the incident with the wash out on the road... I always longed for the black sprint back then. Now she will be mine, in ABS. I hope in march.

·
Registered
218 Posts
First I have to say the Black ST is the sexiest...

I previously have had black cars, and recently a black bike. The black is sooooo hard to keep looking clean. But it is beautiful when freshly waxed.

I now have a silver ST and can ride it all day, get home and it still looks clean.. mind you even when you wax it, it's still not as shiney as the black. But the Silver is faster... :YellowWink:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts