Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just broke my tank petrol connecters on my speed triple 995i
looked at some of the comments on the forum and some one has suggested that you can buy them from Rs
can anyone help me

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
The reference sounds familiar to me.
Use a dremel to remove the thread bits and fuel resistant silicon past to mount the new one. BSPT is a conical thread.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Just broke my tank petrol connecters on my speed triple 995i
looked at some of the comments on the forum and some one has suggested that you can buy them from Rs
can anyone help me
You need to be more specific. Did you break the female connectors on the tank pump plate or the male connectors on the fuel lines? It's a while ago now but Triumph were replacing the male fittings on 955s for free under a recall that went on for years. If it's the female fittings in the tank pump plate then you're on your own and best replace them with the chrome plated brass equivalents also made by CPC. Getting the residual bits out and cleaning up the threads is a bear but I would avoid using a dremel to try and clean them up (sorry fredsprint). Just pick at them with pointy tweezers or similar and then clean them up with a BSPT tap if you have one (unlikely) or a brass BSPT fitting after cutting a couple of longitudinal slots in it.
Have attached a couple of pics of the recommended replacements.

955 Fuel Fittings MALE.jpg

955 Fuel Fittings FEMALE.jpg

·
Registered
570 Posts
1/4 bspt thread tap. Do not get a bssp it is not tapered in the thread. I had to tap mine since no heat or picking would take it out. 2 min with tap. Boom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts