Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have one?
I have been looking for one that I can connect to my router (without having to connect it to a PC) and access it remotely. Oh, and without spending $700.

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
I have a portable one that acts up when ever the weather turns. It is great that old injuries can be productive.:D

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Does anyone here have one?
I have been looking for one that I can connect to my router (without having to connect it to a PC) and access it remotely. Oh, and without spending $700.
I was with you until the last point. Unfort you get what you pay for, but who knows, there might be some sales going on given the economic climate. Birthday present to myself was a Vantage Pro 2 (my excuse was that there's nothing much else to do in the winter here except watch the wind blow ever harder!). I'm going to hook it up to the Web at some point so that everyone can point and laugh at the rubbish weather we get over here! I'm sure it would do what you are asking. Think of it as a mod to your bike, a kind of imminent ride detection system...

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
SF Badge

Lee,

Whats up with the SF badge? You an AF Cop or former cop? 23 1/2 years myself....

Just curious if our paths have ever crossed

Attachments

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
I got my dad this one last year...

http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/9035/index.php

and it works pretty well. The price on the web site says 160, but you can get it for about 100 (I got mine from www.sportsauthority.com). It does connect to the computer via a serial cable and then it uploads info to a website of your choosing. If you get it configured right, you can access it with your cell phone and see what the weather is...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like using weatherunderground, there are many people that post their data, so you can get micro-climate reports. It helps in the NorthEast especially in ski country where altitude is a big factor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts