Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

341 - 351 of 351 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Glad to see another CZ fan in here. I still haven't found a gun I can shoot as well or that feels as good as my CZ P-01.

I have been looking for a 2075 RAMI to try and conceal carry, but I am just not sure I can handle the double stack thickness.
Yea, unlike the weird Glock grip angle, the CZ feels like it was made for me. Guns come and go but that one will always have a home. Agreed, I thought about getting a PCR, but it really doesn't offer much advantage as far as scaling the size down for IWB carry.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
31" waist, just not much real estate for CCing a full size handgun without printing, and I find it uncomfortable. The Bersa conceals just fine and don't even know it is there.
I find that a shirt with the tail out will hide even a 1911 in a IWB holster, the M&P Shield even better. There are around the stomach holsters that do an excellent job of concealment.

·
Administrator
19,460 Posts
Inside the waistband.
Thanks! I thought that must be it but wasn't sure.

I wore my wife's Sig Sauer .380 in one of those outside the waistband, hard plastic holsters last week. I am a big boy and had my polo untucked. My wife didn't realize I was carrying until I took it off.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was trained very early by my Dad, a Bomb Disposal Technician, to shoot rifles first, then pistols. I was taking apart a Walther PPK before I was ten, (still have that one). I sail offshore and early days in the Bahamas were dangerous for cruisers. I still carry a stainless Mini 14, (30 round clip), and a Winchester model 12 with the first two rounds slugs and buckshot after that. When I'm not sailing they live not far from my bedside. I've always been pretty good with rifles and shot match grade .22 in the Army ROTC while in college and got into varmint hunting to kill a rodent that carried the flea that is responsible for Bubonic plague when I lived in the mountains above Palm Springs. I know a 25.06 is a little overkill for that but that's what I bought, (Ruger #1 drop block single shot with the bull barrel), because reloading equipment was readily available for that caliber in my friends shop. Not much good for home defense unless you can shoot the intruder at a few hundred yards out. I've got the Walther but it's only a .32 cal and if I was going to get a carry permit I'd want it in .380. I also have a Ruger in 9 mm, a S&W .22 auto and several other rifles and shotguns. All in all I like American Bulldogs, Pitbulls, Dobermans and Rotties as the first line of defense at home. Used to have Dobies in the mountains but my Bulldogs are more compact and easier on the boat. The poor Brits can't even own a Pitbull much less a handgun. Chambering a round into the model 12 is an impressive sound and a good deterrent for someone on the other side of a door if the dogs aren't enough. What am I worried about?........ Losing the front end of my Street Triple R in a messy corner so I try not to charge corners I don't know, lol!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know how to shoot since I was in school -- guns and rifles alike, but I never bothered to carry any around. I'm also trained in martial arts and I know how to defend myself. In other options, I know how to surprise and confuse my opponent enough to make my way out of the fight if it's becoming too hot around, maybe by dealing damage that is heavy enough to the enemy's head to give him a concussion... I've been to several fights, who wasn't?
Speaking of weapon, the only thing that could count is the tactical pen that my brother gifted to me a few years ago.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Glock 21

I believe most police departments here in the USA now carry
Glocks of some type, 9mm being most common...
I was trained in the Army and trained with a Colt 1911
.45 which I thought was the best...until I shot the Glock 21
The Glock 21 is the same caliber as a Colt 45 but twice the capacity
The Glock is a newer better design. No question.
I still have and am fond of the old Colt 1911 but
in an emergency fast situation the Glock is best.
Blasphemy. Dissing The 1911???, it is no wonder our culture is going to hell in a handbasket. Next thing people will be using plasticky holsters. Oh the shame.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I know how to shoot since I was in school -- guns and rifles alike, but I never bothered to carry any around. I'm also trained in martial arts and I know how to defend myself. In other options, I know how to surprise and confuse my opponent enough to make my way out of the fight if it's becoming too hot around, maybe by dealing damage that is heavy enough to the enemy's head to give him a concussion... I've been to several fights, who wasn't?
Speaking of weapon, the only thing that could count is the tactical pen that my brother gifted to me a few years ago.
Well I'm confused so your training is paying off.?

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
When I ride, I carry a Glock 35 that has been converted to 357 Sig, has a non captive guide rod assembly, and has a complete trigger group replacement from glocktriggers.com since the factory trigger is way too light for normal carry. I use Underwood solid copper barrier defeating ammo. The rounds leave the 6 inch barrel at about 2000 feet per second...in the range that can produce actual hydro-static shock. I carry it in a left hand Safariland level 3 retention Belt Holster ( the one all the police use). I carry a 22 round Glock magazine on the other side. I also wear a shirt and tie. I get free coffee and donuts sometimes. People on the road give me a lot of room. Room is good. Free coffee and donuts are good.

341 - 351 of 351 Posts