Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Say I was hoping someone could update me on what kind of performance increases I would get by installing the Tec cam into my 2016 bonneville? I have read most of the current posts but haven't read much from anyone who has actually had experienced first hand any improvements.
I current have a decat X pipe and Remus slip ons w/o the baffles. Additionally my bike has a improved intake air flow box to the throttle bodies.

Anyone out there with real first hand experience?

Thanks -

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
To: Pollardmatt - Hello from North to Alaska -

What can you tell me about adding a performance cam to my 2016 Bonneville? I know the install seems fairly straight forward and the cost is within my budget for what I hope will be some positive benefits in engine performance.
As I mentioned in my earlier post , I have already installed a decat X pipe and installed Remus slip ons along with an improved air box. These modifications were quite noticeable to me, measurable (that's hard to say) but I would definitely say they were worth the minimal effort and cost. This is where I am now with the consideration of installing Tec's performance cam. However before I delve into this project I would like to hear from someone that may have already completed this same cam replacement and hear what they think.

Can you help me out??

·
Registered
115 Posts
To: Pollardmatt - Hello from North to Alaska -

What can you tell me about adding a performance cam to my 2016 Bonneville? I know the install seems fairly straight forward and the cost is within my budget for what I hope will be some positive benefits in engine performance.
As I mentioned in my earlier post , I have already installed a decat X pipe and installed Remus slip ons along with an improved air box. These modifications were quite noticeable to me, measurable (that's hard to say) but I would definitely say they were worth the minimal effort and cost. This is where I am now with the consideration of installing Tec's performance cam. However before I delve into this project I would like to hear from someone that may have already completed this same cam replacement and hear what they think.

Can you help me out??

Will send a pm shortly. There is alot to be said

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have the Tec cam in my 2017 T100.
THe bike now keeps accelerating past 4000 rpm all the way to the red line.
The best upgrade that I have done.
I am not concerned with dyno figures, THe bike just has more character full stop.

·
Registered
115 Posts

I am not concerned with dyno figures, THe bike just has more character full stop.
This is 100% acurate and the only.comnent that should be taken seriously in this thread

·
Registered
87 Posts

This is 100% acurate and the only.comnent that should be taken seriously in this thread

Sent from my SM-G975F using

Tapatalk

On sent

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You know this is excellent to be able to pass ideas back and forth amongst like minded Triumph owners.
So here is another question regarding your Tec cam installation on your T100

How did this affect your lower end torque, like in the 2,500 - 3,500 rpm was there any significant difference here or was it only noticeable in the higher rpm range?

·
Registered
115 Posts
You know this is excellent to be able to pass ideas back and forth amongst like minded Triumph owners.

So here is another question regarding your Tec cam installation on your T100

How did this affect your lower end torque, like in the 2,500 - 3,500 rpm was there any significant difference here or was it only noticeable in the higher rpm range?
Good question. I currently have more torque than standard peak throughout my range. So i guess i havent noticed any affect negatively lower or upper range.

But just to be honest. I am not running a TEC cam nor is a cam the only.mod i have done

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have a 2016 T120, de-snorkeled, BMC Air Filter, de-cat, and Tec performance cam. I agree with Singlin's comments. The bike pulls further than I want to keep the throttle open. I don't have any dyno's but the ride-ability/fun factor is up by 50%. The T120 will never be a sport bike, and bone stock it's great, but I'm totally satisfied with all my mods.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a 2016 T120, de-snorkeled, BMC Air Filter, de-cat, and Tec performance cam. I agree with Singlin's comments. The bike pulls further than I want to keep the throttle open. I don't have any dyno's but the ride-ability/fun factor is up by 50%. The T120 will never be a sport bike, and bone stock it's great, but I'm totally satisfied with all my mods.

Have you retuned for the cam and if so did you use a pcv
Also on decel do you have a lot of decel pop
Out the exhaust

I’m interestedin hearing your bike too

·
Registered
824 Posts
Say I was hoping someone could update me on what kind of performance increases I would get by installing the Tec cam into my 2016 bonneville? I have read most of the current posts but haven't read much from anyone who has actually had experienced first hand any improvements.
I current have a decat X pipe and Remus slip ons w/o the baffles. Additionally my bike has a improved intake air flow box to the throttle bodies.

Anyone out there with real first hand experience?

Thanks -
There are dozens of first hand reviews on here. Do a search and you’ll find them.

I think you’ll find a lot of those who have fitted a cam are a bit weary of having to say the same thing over and over only to have someone say they don’t believe them without dyno numbers. Detailing my experience was well received by some and poo pooed by others because it was only my opinion. Really??

The cam removes the dip in the power curve at the top end and makes revving the engine higher that much more rewarding. It does not change the character of the engine in the low and mid range. This has been reported many many times consistently. Try it and you’ll see.

Dyno numbers are meaningless in my opinion. The important thing is how the bike performs ie how easily starts, runs, idles, makes you smile. If it feels better that’s enough for me.

·
Registered
115 Posts
There are dozens of first hand reviews on here. Do a search and you’ll find them.

I think you’ll find a lot of those who have fitted a cam are a bit weary of having to say the same thing over and over only to have someone say they don’t believe them without dyno numbers. Detailing my experience was well received by some and poo pooed by others because it was only my opinion. Really??

The cam removes the dip in the power curve at the top end and makes revving the engine higher that much more rewarding. It does not change the character of the engine in the low and mid range. This has been reported many many times consistently. Try it and you’ll see.

Dyno numbers are meaningless in my opinion. The important thing is how the bike performs ie how easily starts, runs, idles, makes you smile. If it feels better that’s enough for me.
This
This is why i didmt post anything publicly. People get so caught up in dyno figures yet they very rarely have their bike baselined to compare the mods too

·
Registered
454 Posts
You will have to tune the bike if you do the cam, exhaust, desnorkel, x pipe, etc...

However, when you do, you will see a 13-15hp increase peak at the wheel.... at 7000rpm,, there is almost a 20hp difference.

All verified on the same dyno I have tuned 20+ of my bikes over the years...

The power used to fall on its face after 5000rpm... Now it revs hard all the way to redline, with only a minor loss at the bottom...

If you do the TEC cam, get the bike properly tuned. It was filthy rich down low and dangerously lean up top with the stock fueling...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nice.

One question I have is why is no one really using the reisch (spelling) camshaft

Is there something wrong with it. I’m not finding much information in the forum

1 - 20 of 50 Posts