Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the deal on fuel filters? What is proven and works well-where can I get it?How much horsepower do you get? (sort of like spark plugs?) Actually ,I had some ***** in my float bowls and really would like a good fuel filter EMGO? NAPA? what is experience telling you guys? Advice appreciated......

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
I removed my stock filter this weekend and put in one of those glass cleanable ones. There aren't many filters that have a 5/16" connectors which is what our fuel line is. I did however find this glass one that was 5/16". Drag specialties makes them, and i believe thats probably what mine is. Seemed too big to fit anywhere but i found that by cutting the line about 1/2" after the first bend coming out of the petcock and then cut out about a 2-3" sections from there, it fits nicely.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I use these Visu-filter . You can sometimes find them for sale individually at the auto stores for $2-3. Buy a handfull and change once a year, that's what I've been doing.

·
Registered
276 Posts
On 2006-03-06 09:19, HiVel wrote:
What is the deal on fuel filters? What is proven and works well-where can I get it?How much horsepower do you get? (sort of like spark plugs?) Actually ,I had some ***** in my float bowls and really would like a good fuel filter EMGO? NAPA? what is experience telling you guys? Advice appreciated......
There is no HP advantage from any fuel filter, unless it is replacing one that was not working (either not stopping the dirt or not letting the fuel through).

Pete.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On 2006-03-07 06:34, Pete_Twizz wrote:
On 2006-03-06 09:19, HiVel wrote:
There is no HP advantage from any fuel filter, unless it is replacing one that was not working (either not stopping the dirt or not letting the fuel through).

Pete.
I was only kidding Pete-just a joke since we had this big deal going about spark plugs earlier--have fun!!

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found a universal glass filter in the Wal-Mart Boat section! pretty cool as it came with 3 sizes of connectors including the 5/16" we need. About $9.00 and looking good.
You can order the inside filter part if needed. It is called a Universal Fuel Filter or UFF!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts