Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you haven't seen it in the Pictures thread, be sure to click.

That's what I want my next one to look like! Super classy, without being flashy.

(P.S. -- This is also an example of one way to comment on nice pictures you see without posting remarks in the Post Pictures thread, which is contrary to its purpose.)

·
Registered
19 Posts
the exhaust on this bike looks very much similar to what i would like. I wonder if there are more detailed pictures of the setup and first muffler.

·
Registered
210 Posts
...and black is better than orange.

But as EVERYONE knows...

WHITE IS BEST-EST!!! :p

·
Registered
113 Posts
That's what I want my next one to look like! Super classy, without being flashy.
Thanks Diego, thats exactly what I want the bike to look like
"classy, without being flashy".

The triple is now my second Triumph, Usually I drive a Triumph Thruxton which I worked on the last couple of years...
I was always more the caferacer but after my first test drive last Oktober I could not got a hold on me an bought the triple...
I guess the Thruxton will get not much milage this year... :D

By the way here are some pics from my Thruxton
http://www.thruxton-forum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=670&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=120

·
Registered
258 Posts
Does it work any better than the plain one?

·
Registered
19 Posts
pepe,

do you have any more pictures or details that will show me the exhaust on the Striple for me? i've wanted a lowboy but think the arrow is a bit loud. I like custom and have the resources to have something made easily. Ideally i'd like to delete the Cat, and go right from the header collector.

i'm curious about the mufflers/silencers that you used for your exhaust build, it looks like it is a muffler/resonator combo, which seems like it might be quieter than the arrow lowboy.

so, any details on the exhaust? Much appreciated.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The exhaust is the "Full Kit 3 into 1 Low Mounted" from Zard
http://www.zardexhaust.it/
The Kit includes a Cat from Zard, but is also available without Cat like shown on the pic.

I mounted the Cat Version because this Version is Street legal here in Germany. The Sound is very nice... loud enough but not to loud.

The Muffler includes a removable silencer insert

·
Registered
69 Posts
Your Trip is BEAUTIFUL! How about a video with sound of the Zard? :D

I just bought the same bike you have, definitely going to get the flyscreen and moulded visor. Maybe the bellypan too at some point.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts