Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I think I read that someone fabricated some pieces to lower the pegs on the bonneville. Anyone have any information on this?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Do a Search.........

I have a "Modre" peg lowering kit. About 2". very comfortable.
Initially for taller riders (I'm not tall) or guys with knee probs. Scrapes the pegs a bit easier though. Modre is on this forum and makes the kit.

·
30,533 Posts
There's a guy on ebay that sells them. Modre no longer manufactures the peg lowering kits to the best of my knowledge.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I was surprised how much difference in comfort there was when I simply switched footpegs. Carefully remove the "e" clips on each footpeg pivot pin and switch left to right and right to left. Remove curb feelers, and done.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I didn't measure the before and after, but i would guess about 1/2 to 3/4 inch. It is literally a 2 minute job and easy to switch back if you don't like it. I was surprised that such a small change made such a difference. You may need to adjust your shifter height though. Be careful when removing the "e" clip. They are easily bent and ridiculously expensive from Triumph. I am sure there is a cheaper alternative if replacement is needed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the "modre" peg lowering kit on my bonnie and I think it is great. I had to get mine from another member here who took his kit off when he sold his bike.

dfeaster

·
Registered
25 Posts
I tried and could not find peg lowering "kit" for my Bonneville so I designed my own --- and had them "water cut " by a local company
(less than $20) and they work great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts