Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing that bugged me about my new wee Bonnie was that it appeared as though I was on my way to the clinic with a wee sample!

So, I indulged in Triumph part # A9628016, which retails for the rather embarrassing price of $92. But I really like it:

I've got some black Napoleons and some swanky Union Jack hole-fillin' bolts coming from New Bonneville (shipped immediately, BTW), which will make the view from the saddle mighty fine.

Speaking of the saddle, yesterday I rode 70 miles on the stock SE saddle - last 20 were a bit uncomfy. Then I rode 70 miles on a new K&Q which my cheeks adored even at the end, so to speak. Granted the buttons on the K&Q look a bit cheesy, but not so much on a retro bike me thinks - and it feels great!

Also had tank pads installed at my dealer. Was happy to note on the ride home that they are not just cosmetically / traditionally appealing, but are really helpful as you move around on the bike on curvy mountain roads.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Pee Cup

I was gonna mention that one! till I saw the price. A bit costly don't ya think? Sure looks better than that little plastic cup! IMO- worth it! Like me putting the chrome master cover on my Bonne. Looks 200% better & it doesnt leak! Sometimes ya just gotta bend over?
O well - No bad looks & leaks? Worth it!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't buy the goodies above at retail price, and they were mixed in with the cost of the bike and taxes, etc. That way it didn't hurt quite as much.:eek:

But I did wonder what that jar with the label torn off was for...

Probably the most extravagant and least useful of all the stuff I pointed at while rubbing my checkbook (it was in my pocket) was the Arrow exhaust.

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
Should have shopped around. I got both the front and rear units for $80.00 a piece. Yes they also have a rear unit. Smaller but looks the same. They are excellent replacements for the stock units.

Cheers

Jeff:motorbike2:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Also had tank pads installed at my dealer. Was happy to note on the ride home that they are not just cosmetically / traditionally appealing, but are really helpful as you move around on the bike on curvy mountain roads.
If it was my bike, I'd take it back and have 'em re-install the kneepads. From your photo it appears that the bottom of the knee pad is not 'parallel' with the bottom of the tank. I know.. a minor cosmetic flaw, that might not mean a lot, but to some (like me), it matters.

Another option is to peel 'em off (it's easy) and re-install them yourself. That way you'll know they're on straight. Again, it's easy. If you want some help (via email), lemme know. I've done more than a couple pair.

Love the Arrow pipe..

·
Registered
198 Posts
If it was my bike, I'd take it back and have 'em re-install the kneepads. From your photo it appears that the bottom of the knee pad is not 'parallel' with the bottom of the tank. I know.. a minor cosmetic flaw, that might not mean a lot, but to some (like me), it matters.

Another option is to peel 'em off (it's easy) and re-install them yourself. That way you'll know they're on straight. Again, it's easy. If you want some help (via email), lemme know. I've done more than a couple pair.

Love the Arrow pipe..
:p Ceez....... he is gonna be realy pissed with you.......... now every time he looks at the pads he will notice them crooked!:D

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
You know, I noticed that, too, but also noticed that the installer did both sides exactly the same, so I thought maybe they're supposed to go that way...

But stuff like that does bug me - and yes, now I have to go out to the garage with my coffee and stare at it - like I don't have anything else to do!

Seriously, I'm glad to know that they are movable once installed.

·
30,527 Posts
Hey Hogtied,

It would be great if you could just post that info on how to move the knee pads, so that we have ot for reference. I'm sure there are a few folks who would like to know how to do that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts