Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried mounting a British Number Plate aka "pedestrian slicer" to the front fender of their T3 Classic? I'm thinking about a personalized license plate on the rear, but thought the pedestrian slicer would add a nice touch....maybe I'm just being too nostalgic when it comes to my bike...lol.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Where would you get one?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've also seen some on ebay lately and thought they might help add a little more character to an already great line of bikes.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Hi,

Just to let you know that you brought a smile to my face with your post. In the UK most could not wait to get rid of "those things", and my recollection was with a Norton ES2 where at speed the front plate vibration noise was louder than the engine & exhaust!

If you go ahead, please make sure it is vibration free (fyi, the BellaCorse item looks sturdier than the ones I recall), and I would love to see a picture.

Good luck
Geoff

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Be mindful that the chromed plate sold on eBay has a rolled-up leading edge (conveniently cropped-off in the photo) that when mounted to a constant radius fender creates an unsightly "open fishmouth" gap between the plate and fender.

Also, the flat steel plate I sell is also available without the fender stay notch as used on the twins. Looks much better on a triple.

/Mike
www.bellacorse.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
British Plate

Go for it. I did the Bella plate and it worked out great. Two things, first when I got the plate the paint job was a joke. No big deal because if you do it right the plate needs to be painted with the same paint you do the graphics with. Second when you drill the holes in the fender for the plate make sure you block the underside of the fender with heavy foam or stuff it well with newspaper so you don’t dimple in the metal.

Rob D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts