Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really can't decide on whether or not to put a pedestrian slicer on my Bonnie Black. I have been moving the bike towards an older look with some of the modifications, tank badges, gators, etc.

One of the big reasons that I'm not sure is that I don't know what to have written on it.

I'm concerned that I would get an idea to put some clever thing on the slicer and look at it two days later and think it looks goofy. It would be hard to deal with two holes in my front fender if I decided I didn't like it.

Do most of you just duplicate your license number? Is there a cool thing to put on these plates that would stand the test of time? Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
109 Posts
Somewhere on this board was mentioned:

1YRB4HD

I thought that was pretty good...

·
Registered
589 Posts
I dont like the look of those things, just some more extra added stuff that dont really do anything for the bike, once again only my opinion, and I am sure I will be in the minority again with this issue.

Nathan

·
Registered
902 Posts
I put one on my Bonnie black and loved the look. I had a local sign company make letters that match the Triumph logo to read TRI-790. The Bonnie black has such a classic look that that IMHO the slicer really sets it off.

If you decide to get one try Domiracer, you can get the whole kit for around $22.00, then use grid paper to mark and drill the fender.
Slicer

·
Registered
621 Posts
On 2007-03-09 09:18, Iceseven wrote:
If you decide to get one try Domiracer, you can get the whole kit for around $22.00, then use grid paper to mark and drill the fender.
Slicer
Did you have to modify the contour of the slicer at all? And how did you deal with the fender brace? Any pics of it on your bike?

Bob

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Isn't there a lovely british term for "pedestrian slicer", you know, like "pillion" instead of "[email protected]#$#seat".

Heavy sigh.

:roll:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Bobmig, the slicer came undrilled so I drilled the slicer, installed the bolts and dry fitted it on the fender for location.

No modification of the slicer contour was necessary and I did use a dremel drill to provide a cutout for the fender brace (very little is required, seems like a 1/4" half hole), then used grid paper taped onto the fender to center the bolts for drilling.

I'll see if I can find a photo to post.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I wonder if you could use double sided tape on those so you wouldn't have to drill your fender and to make the process completely reversible???

·
Registered
902 Posts
Yeah Jim, I originally didn't wan't to drill the fender but I figured that I could always get another fender off of ebay or from a ratnet member if I wanted. I really didn't see another way of attaching the slicer securely enough for the road (or it would become a slicer).

·
Registered
902 Posts
Hope this pic works, it is not the greatest quality but has the slicer shown.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
On 2007-03-09 05:10, rmak wrote:

I really can't decide on whether or not to put a pedestrian slicer on my Bonnie Black.
From a dog's perspective... DON'T DO IT!!!

Looks much better without IDO (in dog's opinion).

·
Registered
537 Posts
Love the Ped Slicer! I just received mine from Bella Corse and it's a quality piece.

It get my new T100 in about 2 weeks and it's going on probably the first day.

I work for a sign company and am going to look up english bikes from the 60's and match the typestyle, number of characters etc. My graphics department will do an amazing job.

Yeah, it would look weird on a Vstrom but right at home on our bikes.

Do it! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Love the Ped Slicer! I just received mine from Bella Corse and it's a quality piece.

It get my new T100 in about 2 weeks and it's going on probably the first day.

I work for a sign company and am going to look up english bikes from the 60's and match the typestyle, number of characters etc. My graphics department will do an amazing job.

Yeah, it would look weird on a Vstrom but right at home on our bikes.

Do it! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
537 Posts
I did it again!!!!!!

Can any body tell me if I can delete a posting? I am doing something wrong and double entering it.

Switching to decafe.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Drill it-I did and it really looks cool. I put different logos on the 2 sides-one side says "WILD ONE" and the other says
"LOVE TRAIN" . I like the look and it sets off the bike front end IMHO. I got one from Bella Corse after I decided the one from DOMIRACER (the old style) did not fit the new style fenders like I wanted. A trip to the BarberMuseum (8 miles away) and sure enough the '59 Bonnie was just like the Bella Corse version-that is what I wound up with.
It adds to the classic look.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hi Greyghost,

Regarding deleting posts I think you can go to edit post at the bottom of the post you typed and then select delete from there.

I dont know why your double posting though, but its a quick way to get through the posting ranks!

Ride safe and good luck with the pedestrian slicer graphics (post picks when it's done)

regards,

Ben

·
Registered
235 Posts
I might be conservative, but isn't that thing meant to show your license plate number? So if you get one thats what I think you should put on it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts