Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Makes me miss my home in British Columbia.... :( I miss the pine and spruce of Oregon, Washington and BC. Where I live now in Alberta is cold, snowy and suburbia. House by house by house by house. I am sure my neighbours love my Tor exhaust in the summer time!

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Thanks for the invite CLB, but no thanks. Been there, done that, never again.

But don't get the idea that I'm not tough. I turned my air conditioning off this evening. :p

BTW, you didn't lose a dog, did you?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Looks a lot like that up here in Seattle too. Motorcycles are staying in the garage. I did take the mountan bike out I couldn't steer it in the deep snow.

More snow expected tonight! I've been enjoying the snow so that strange twitch that comes after not riding for a while hasn't bothered me.....YET.

Sprintboy

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
I have those DA memories too. Tulsa to Prairie Grove Arkansas (about 100 miles) 1974 or so. One of those Kansas blizzards that blow down into Oklahoma (they never get their own weather) 1949 Pan Head. I had to stop every so often to kick the snow that packed into the spokes. Like you CLB TG for open cylinder heads. Bell helmet with a bubble. Military cold weather gear (NOT!) stuffed with newspapers.

I know the route you took. I lived in War Hoop City for several years during the 70's. Pretty brutal.

BTW, we are pet friendly here if you haven't guessed:D. So you won't get any heat from us. We'll just keep the OT's to a dull roar.;)

Don

No added roof ventillation yet...

'Nuther thing...

I know you are somewhat familiar with my area.

Many years ago (full head of hair, etc.) I rode my R65 down to K. Falls to visit a buddy on a nice sunny dry spring Saturday morning.

It was snowing like crazy when I woke up that Sunday morning. The only open road out of town was the pass to Medford. Chains were required but I didn't expect they would do anything but offer a ride (to the nearest asylum) if they stopped me.
I had a snowmobile suit. I borrowed my buddies wet suit boots (as socks) and gloves. I suited up and hit the road.

The sweet spot seemed to be a little above idle in 3rd gear. No faster than I would have been comfortable crashing.
Every 30 minutes or so my fingers would start feeling too numb to work the brakes. Roll to stop, kick stand down and grab a cylinder head until the gloves stop steaming.
The snow was melted by Medford and it rained like crazy all the way back to PDX.
Rubber side stayed down.

Fond memories. Once was enough for me as well.

And...
Lest the board jump all over me...
The household Muttchen is no less loved than he appears.

TTFN

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
See, I can multi-task. Hit a tennis ball in the snow with a golf club with a 4 lb camera and lens hanging from my neck and then snappy:D

Magnificent photo of Heidi in the snow Don!:)

But I have come to expect such good photos from you my friend.

DaveM:cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts