Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I have the standard length on both the S3 and the TT600, mainly 'cause I _knew_ they'd be fine and I didn't want to hassle with returns if I didn't like the shorties. I was also a little leery of getting the shorty brake lever for the S3 'cause of the lever travel issue.

That said, I'd like to try the shorties and would probably like 'em.

Some other folks here run 'em with no problems.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I have the standard length as well. Work great.

I think either sets would suit just about any of us. I think it's just a matter of getting used to them and training your hands for something a bit different (if you go with the shorties).

Capt.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I was leery of getting the shorty's also, I was afraid of the clutch side being hard to pull repeatedly in heavy traffic, I knew I wanted a short brake lever... But the clutch... :???:

I went with shorty's on both clutch and brake and never looked back,
I wouldn't change to longs if they were free and made of real gold.
The shorty's work easy on the clutch side and look Badass!

It's the second thing everyone notices on the bike... First being Oldsquids pipes.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Shorties all around. I never use more than 2 fingers on the brake so that was a no brainer. If you did have a soft lever the shorty is less likely to pinch your other fingers. I was a little concerned about the shorty on the clutch side but it is no problem.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
On 2007-01-02 16:28, cheapbastard wrote:
I'll take either one. :-D Lemme know if ya need my address. :-D
I sent you a set 3 weeks ago by UPS, ya didn't get 'em? :-D :hammer:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
i got to feel-up a set of those levers this weekend on another's speed triple at the local bike hang out at alice's on skyline.

i can't remember his name, but his bike was really nicely set up.
pazzo everything! heel guards, rear sets, etc. (super nice guy)

i felt his levers and at first impression almost like the feel of the longer levers more. they felt slightly hard to pull. but i'm sure it's not anything you'd notice out riding.

it i were to buy a set today, i'd want the shorties by look, but would prolly buy the longs.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I only use two fingers on the front brake so a shorty there wouldn't be a problem. However, the clutch side might be a different story. I use all four fingers to pull in and release the clutch. You guys with the shorty levers for the clutch side...is it difficult to get used to? Does it throw off your feel? Any stalling or gear grinding issues from an incomplete clutch engagement? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Get a GSXR radial master cylinder and a set of shorties and you'll be doing non-mushy two-finger brake pulls with ease. You'll also be able to do two finger clutch-up wheelies with ease as well if you adjust your clutch properly.

·
Registered
684 Posts
On 2007-01-02 17:53, zooplancton wrote:
i got to feel-up a set of those levers this weekend on another's speed triple at the local bike hang out at alice's on skyline.
We must have just missed each other, zoo! I was at Alice's at lunch and (who must have been) that guy rode up just as I rode away.

What kind of handlebars did he have? They looked cool when he rode by 15 feet away . . .

·
Registered
919 Posts
On 2007-01-02 18:48, TightTL wrote:
I only use two fingers on the front brake so a shorty there wouldn't be a problem. However, the clutch side might be a different story. I use all four fingers to pull in and release the clutch. You guys with the shorty levers for the clutch side...is it difficult to get used to? Does it throw off your feel? Any stalling or gear grinding issues from an incomplete clutch engagement? Thanks.
Never had one second of trouble getting used to it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Bought the longs because I knew I could use 'em. Thought long and hard about it but didn't want to chance not liking the shorts. Though I might feel a bit of buyer's remorse for not trying the shorts but once these were on the bike all thoughts of anything other than what I ended up with disappeared. These Pazzo levers are the single best addition I've made to my bike (followed closely by Trident exhaust and Raask bars) performance-wise. They are definitely sweet.

·
Registered
Joh Bloor Special
1,408 Posts
I got the shorties, and no problems either side. I used to use four fingers on the clutch, now the pinky hangs in the breeze. There is absouletly no difference in the action or gear changes......and they look really cool.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
On 2007-01-02 19:30, Andhedrew wrote:
...long and hard...
*scratches head*

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
On 2007-01-02 16:25, Captain_Rat wrote:
I have the standard length as well. Work great.

I think either sets would suit just about any of us. I think it's just a matter of getting used to them and training your hands for something a bit different (if you go with the shorties).

Capt.
Holy ***** I'm thinking perverted tonight.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts