Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you recommend the long or short Pazzo levers? Or a mixture?

·
Registered
848 Posts
I have a long brake lever and a short clutch lever. I've gotten used to the short clutch lever but I wish I had bought the long one for the clutch since it's a bit awkward due to its short length. My 2¢ :D

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Long+long for me. Seems to fit me best and I definitely would not go with a shorty clutch lever as Triple has quite a stiff clutch action.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Long+long for me. Seems to fit me best and I definitely would not go with a shorty clutch lever as Triple has quite a stiff clutch action.
+1 on this recommend.

i am sure that the long clutch lever is the way to go, for a number of reasons. (the one above being of paramount importance if you ride in any appreciable amount of traffic.)

i can see riding with a shorty brake lever: as i usually find myself "two-fingering" the brake. however, that one time something catches you off-guard and you need to grab a handful immediately, that extra length could save you...

·
Registered
360 Posts
long clutch, shorty brake...works wonderfully.

Started with both shortys but smoothness, fine control were compromised even compared to stock, the amount of effort involved in pulling and holding clutch in was also increased, weirdly enough no issues at all with the brake. The long clutch feels superb.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
long clutch, shorty brake...works wonderfully.

Started with both shortys but smoothness, fine control were compromised even compared to stock, the amount of effort involved in pulling and holding clutch in was also increased, weirdly enough no issues at all with the brake. The long clutch feels superb.
How many fingers do you (or anyone else) work the clutch with? Seems to me that using two fingers for the clutch and brake would give the most control. I thought perhaps the short Pazzo's would give the leverage to accomplish this without fatigue.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I use 4 fingers on the clutch, especially if I'm in stop and go traffic. Get the shorty's and if you want to go with a long clutch later, I'll bet you would find someone who would swap with you.:)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
88 Posts
bigbaddumbdog,
Cheers.

Rollme,
The can is a Mivv carbon gp slipon.
With the removable baffle in it sounds good but not too loud, with the baffle out it has a proper deep growl & people definitely hear you coming.
I did post a sound clip at some point, I'll see if I can find it. It may be quicker for you to go to the Mivv site, I'm pretty sure there is a video file of the can on a sp3 doing a run on a dyno.

Gazwire

·
Registered
379 Posts
I went with the short clutch and short brake lever.
I think which is best for you is a matter of personal preference.

Set up is important. I've found that it is essential that one adjusts the angle of the levers (relative to horizontal) so that your hands/fingers naturally fall to the lever position and you are able to cover the brakes with out strain. I dropped the angle about 30 degrees from horizontal, which allows me to cover and brake with two fingers. I don't recall how many fingers I use on the clutch.

Regarding feel and effort, I actually found that the levers increased feel and reduced effort. I have not found clutch hand fatigue to be an issue; however, I live in the country and blast back roads.

Regarding the pipe, I went with the full Arrow system sold by Triumph. I'm all about mass centralization; however, the real reason I went with this is that Power Comander does not have a set-up for the 08 or 09 model (injectors are different) and Triumph has a map for this pipe that the dealer can download when they install your pipe (not so for other brands).

Anyway, attached is a few photos to illustrate the levers and bar set-up.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the stock clutch lever which was fine i used four fingers when using the clutch. I found when startin to do clutch wheelies i started just using the one finger and got used to the long lever. Unfortunately my bike tipped over in the driveway one day and broke about 20mm of the lever. So i took it off and just rounded the end off thus makin it a short lever. Much better for doin wheelies as it doesent smack into me other fingers. In traffic i now use two fingers on the clutch a little harder than four fingers but you do get use to it.

So i would go short levers all the way.

Cheers Jimi

1 - 20 of 23 Posts