Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swapped out the stock levers this morning for a beautiful set of Pazzos, with titanium- colored adjusters Thanks to the knowledge base offerered here, it took all of ten minutes to complete the task! Time for a ride!

denoose

·
Registered
61 Posts
I swapped out the stock levers this morning for a beautiful set of Pazzos, with titanium- colored adjusters Thanks to the knowledge base offerered here, it took all of ten minutes to complete the task! Time for a ride!

denoose

Without pics, it didn't happen... :D

I would love to see them when you get a chance. I don't care for mine.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I really like mine. They were more of an impusle buy while at my local dealer than any long-considered farkle upgrade.

But they make the bike much more pleasant to ride. Less slop, better tactile feel, better "spring back", easy and better adjustment (955 stock clutch levers don't adjust), and they look great.

I went with black on black shorties, and glad I did, at setting "3" they're just perfect for two finger braking, and there's still enough lever on the clutch side to use all four fingers if I want to (great when stuck in traffic).

·
Registered
56 Posts
+1

I purchased the levers from British Customs, the chap's name is Alex. Great service and speedy delivery!

denoose

British Customs, LLC
310-225-2570 (Phone)
310-225-2580 (Fax)
www.british-customs.com
Those guys are good! Delt with a Sean a couple times.

I was just wondering what that Yellow band is on the bar end weight throttle side. Cruise control?

Nice job on the Pazzo's, I'm next!

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
That would be the Poor Man's Velocity Maintenance System:

A Caterpillar O-ring, Part number 8M4991, from your local Cat parts distributor. It slips onto the groove between the bar end weight and grip and provides enough friction to function as a cruise control. My local guy sold me 2 for $5, and I've been using the first one for about 3 years.

denoose

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sigh. My dealer has had them on order since November. I'd go elsewhere but I have a store credit.

Me want.

Me want bad.

(plus my brake handle is bent)

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
w00t! Gratz!

I can't wait to put on another set on my Sprint.

Blue levers with gold adjusters, custom from EMA USA...

--Kory

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Kory, what is custom about your particular set? :confused:
Typically you can't buy pazzos with any color combination you want, it costs more money to choose non standard color combos. The blue levers with gold adjusters just happen to be a non standard combo, it cost me 6 dollars extra per lever for that particular combination.

Have you ever called EMA OND?

--Kory

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Typically you can't buy pazzos with any color combination you want, it costs more money to choose non standard color combos. The blue levers with gold adjusters just happen to be a non standard combo, it cost me 6 dollars extra per lever for that particular combination.

Have you ever called EMA OND?

--Kory
Sorry to bust your bubble, but you can get any color combo from just about any Pazzo vendor.

The only thing custom from Pazzo that I am aware of is engraving.

Have you called any of the other vendors, Kory?

Here is one example: http://www.pashnit.com/product/pazzo/pazzo_colors.html

·
Registered
218 Posts
That would be the Poor Man's Velocity Maintenance System:

A Caterpillar O-ring, Part number 8M4991, from your local Cat parts distributor. It slips onto the groove between the bar end weight and grip and provides enough friction to function as a cruise control. My local guy sold me 2 for $5, and I've been using the first one for about 3 years.

denoose
;) thanks

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, 11s
The Pazzos are a nice upgrade, both aesthetically and performance- wise.

Of course I am suffering from Exhaust Envy and when I get my bailout money from AIG, I will be upgrading to the D and D system that Werks has been SO good about sharing photos and information for....bastid...

denoose

·
Registered
929 Posts
do a pazzo search!...

I remember there was a website that showed you all the color combos. I got black and red knobs. the knobs are more a maroon though. I'm going to swap them out for silver knobs. the kind of clash with the pass light flash button. (yeah I'm a picky artist type)

oh I have the shorties on both sides. if you want to know where the shorties end just look at the snap off point on your stockers and measure your hand against that. (05+ sprints)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Definition of irony - my trident pipes came all the way from England (I'm in Chicago - USA) faster than Pazzos from a suburb of Chicago.

UGH. (Sorry, as you were)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts