Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my Pazzos however the bike only starts when the adjustment is on #5 or 6 what has to be done for it to start on a lower number? Seems as though the lever is not making proper contact or something. Bike will not start on 1-4.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Clearly the lever is not suitable. Send it/them back and stop wasting your money on useless bling.

Well, if I don't say it his missus will.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hey Blacktiger.

Brilliant !

Might or might not be constructive advice, but your reply made me laugh out loud. Many thanks.

JJ

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, the lever is not defective and do not tell me what not to buy for my bike. Many other people have these levers and have encountered the same problems.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Pazzo lever

:) Currently there is the exact same thread over at the Tiger1050 forum about a Pazzo lever not working properly for clutch engagement..The owner over there can't use a setting lower than #5 for starter engagement...I have put Pazzos on both my Rocket III and 07 Tiger and I am able to use setting #3 on my Tiger....I found a similar situation to this problem after installing the Pazzo on my Rocket brake side...The lever wasn't engaging the brake actuator piston...couldn't figure it out so I took the Pazzo off and compared it to the stock lever..The end of the Pazzo than engages the brake piston was shaped a little different than stock allowing much less contact...it doesn't take much of a difference I found between working and not working...I ended up fashioning a shim that I put in between the Pazzo and the brake piston and it has worked fine for the past year....Sounds a bit crude but of course it can't be seen...Make sure you have the 2-3mm of clutch freeplay to give yourself the maximum contact with the starter lockout button..Also if you take the Pazzo lever out compare it to your stock one and see if the Pazzo engagement end is shaped a little different.. Hope this gives you some understanding as it can be frustrating ....

·
Registered
305 Posts
Like I said, it sounds like something that should be taken up with Pazzo. The levers aren't right, are they?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts