Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I have a couple cool Triumph patches I want to put on my leather riding jacket. I know I can take it to a leather guy and have him sew them on, but I was wondering if any of you guys knew of alternatives. I read somewhere during a Google search that there is some stuff called Patch Attach that works pretty well and supposedly comes with a bottle of solvent to remove any residue if you lose or replace a patch. Curious if any of you have had experience with that.

-Kevin

·
Registered
539 Posts
I've not heard of it but would be interested to know if it works too. I have to sew the patches on MrNickwiz's jacket using leather needles and a steel thimble and hate doing it cause it's a b*****d of a job!

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
I had a sew shop sew mine on...$5.00 per patch...13 patches...$65.00...got it back in two days...

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Badges hey! There used to be a time when you'd have to sew yer own badges, on yer own leather jacket. when I was a young Rocker, before we even had bikes - My mum used to say to me "Put yer own badges on yer own Jacket, yer little git." and throw me the means to do so, I learnt the old fashioned way. Guess she thought she was preparing me for life. But now with all that latent Needle work pent up, in this tawdry husk I call my body, I feel a malevolent glaze ascending - at the thought of grown men unable to put Needle and Thread.... and a thimble to good use. My, what has the world come to when we are forced down to the 'Sew shop', that's Up the road.... my dog, what has the world come to? Are we all not all Men..... $65 for 13 badges.... for crying out loud - what has the world come to?

·
Registered
161 Posts
trypcil , You have got be English or from the UK. My mum said the same thing.
Still a Rocker

Steve

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Its called...I did enough sewing of my own patches when I was young and was in the service...and I make enough coin to have someone else do it for me...helping local business in a poor economy...etc...

one patch...one hour for me to sew on = 13 hours...and I get paid more than $5.00 an hour...and thats 13 hours I could be riding...or doing something productive

$5.00 to have a shirt dry cleaned you wear it once...$5.00 for a sew shop to sew a patch it last forever...

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
stickum

Don't think I'd use any kind of adhesive...if the patch ever comes off it will take the top layer of leather skin with it...
Sewing would be the best way and having it done by experts would be the way i'd go....it takes a heavy duty commercial machine to do it correctly.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Tie your economics are spot on. no arguing with that. But when I was a young Rocker that was good beer money going to waste lol.

Steve

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
When I was younger we crashed parties and stole beer...:D

·
Registered
161 Posts
Where I come from the Parties did not start until the pubs shut. We had to have beer money for 5 hours between the pub opening and party starting. Crashing the parties was fun but usually the fight started before you could get more that a couple of pints down your neck. Great days (I think) lol

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts