Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Passenger peg removal....

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  StuckInKansas 
#1 ·
I've been thinking about removing my passenger pegs on the S3. The loss of a few ounces may increase my speed at the trackday by about 0.0000043 mph. Okay, it's really about looks.

But with my pipes (TORs), the pegs serve almost like a crash pad to the keep the back off the ground in case (when) I lowside. Has anybody removed theirs and put some sort of slider back there??

kjazz

#2 ·
I think a slider wide enough to go beyond the TORs is about 10 times more dorky looking than the stock passenger peg bracket.
:razz:

A scrathed up muffler will just add to the character of yer S3, so just toss the brackets. If it is the clean as possible look you are after you might also want to check out the passenger peg blockout plates from British Customs.

#4 ·
Why not remove just the pegs (not the brackets-which-protect) and replace them with skate wheels? :hammer:

IMHO I don't care what they look like. Those peg mounts have saved me some serious damage over the last couple of years. I doubt any kind of slider replacement would have done as well. And would look ugly as butt.

#6 ·
On 2007-03-10 14:22, Limey wrote:
Start by removing the TORS :-D :hammer:
Believe me, I'm thinking about it. I like those Chain Reaction dudes a lot.

Does anybody know if the CRs are slightly or much louder than the TORs? I'm kinda regretting going with quieter pipes. Now that my hearing is going away, I need louder pipes. Vicious circle.

kjazz

#7 ·
I have both, and the CRS are way louder than the TORS.
And tell me this doesn't look good. Okay, don't don't tell me, don't say anything...

[ This message was edited by: Goffe on 2007-03-10 19:05 ]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.