1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone
I am seriously looking at purchasing a new Sprint St
I would be leaving my heavy cruiser days behind, not a problem for me
I do wonder how comfortable passengers find the ST, as my wife has been spoiled by the big cushy seat on my Yamaha
Any feed back regarding seat changes, etc., or stock pillion from your passenger's point of view would be extremely helpful
Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Hi gdawg,

Welcome to the mob. DaveM and I always request that all newbies read the stickies and the site AUP.

As far as pillion seating I personally can't help you much as I ride solo. I did have my stock pan redone in the beginning by Biker Bob who owns an upholstery shop next to my dealer. So, he is attuned to what a motorcyclist's needs are.

DaveM, our co-mod. rides quite a lot with his wife.

Others will chime in.

In the mean time doing a search will pull a lot of threads covering this subject including some recent ones.

Don

·
Premium Member
24,231 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum gdawg.

Don is correct I do ride a fair bit with my wife as pillion I have an '04 Sprint ST with Triumph Gel seat. The wife and I find our bike fine for all day rides with short breaks along the way.

We find this very comfortable but mine is a 955 Sprint the last of the generation 2 955 series and in '05 the 1050 was released with a new frame etc and a different seating position.

There is another thread kicking about here somewhere along the same lines.

cheers,
DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
332 Posts
955 better than 1050 pillion seat - probably

I do wonder how comfortable passengers find the ST...
Any feed back regarding seat changes, etc., or stock pillion from your passenger's point of view would be extremely helpful
I had an 06 Sprint 1050 and my girlfriend (5' 5'') immediately preferred the pillion seat on my Ducati ST3 replacement bike.

It's worth saying that my G/F was a nervous passenger, but the 1050 seat, at least on the 06 model, is a fairly thin affair. Later seats improved somewhat but I have no direct experience. The 955 keeps the pillion lower and the seat is more substantial.

IMO, the sports orientation of the 1050 detracts from its usefulness as a pillion carrier, although many other 1050 owners will probably disagree. It's a great bike nevertheless. :p

cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi :)
Welcome to the forum :)
My experience or rather my wife ... is different.
She find it the most comfortable she's ever seat at motorcycle, and she was passenger for quite long time on different models. The last one before Sprint was mine CBR1000F - IMO very comfortable sport-tourist bike. My wife says that these two are almost aqual in the comfort matter.

The interesting thing is that she really hated ST/STX1300 (PanEuropean) pillion seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts