Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone,

Does anyone know where I could get a grabrail or backrest for the 04? It looks like it should have come with one. It has the nothces in the passenger seat and the 4 bolt holes under it, but no handle. My wife wants to go riding with me, but I think she would be more comfortable with something to keep her from sliding too far backwards. Either should make her feel a little more comfortable.

Before I get asked, yes I saw a post from someone that custom made a passenger backrest a while back. I have also seen some posts about grabrails for the 05 - current S3s. I am looking at the 04 model though.... :)

Thanks for the info,

Shawn

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have looked at several Triumph dealer sites, and have seen the Speed Triple grabrail. Does that also work for the 04 model? If I rememeber correctly, the catalog doesn't specifically say and the pic is a newer bike. I thought that was just for the current iteration of the bike.

Thanks,

Shawn

·
Registered
491 Posts
The new Triumph site does not include accessories for older models. You will need to call a dealer. The grab rail you want is the 02 to 04 model assuming you don't have vents in the tail section (your bike could be a late registered 97 - 01 - I don't know as I haven't seen it!!!!)

AFAIK they are not interchangeable.

Renntec also make one which is not as nice looking.

[ This message was edited by: martinyoung on 2006-12-12 16:35 ]

B

·
0 Posts
Look in the classified section there is a guy selling the grag rail and seat for an 04 daytona which is the same as an 04 spd3. I bought a sargent seat from him and it was an easy transaction. It lists as Daytona parts still available(I think ) but was on todays page. Just checked it's (more parts for my Daytona)

[ This message was edited by: BoneBender on 2006-12-12 21:00 ]

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have an 03 and I took the grab rail off after I bought it. Since I do not have a wife I figured I did not need it for girls to hang on to... instead, I prefer them to grab me :) anyway.. if this is what you need just contact me and we can work something out.

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
I have a '99 with both the Triumph grab rail and a gear rack. Whilst the gear rack is not necessarily good to lean on, it gives my girl a great sense of security, so much so, she often falls asleep on long rides. Check my Album for an example.

**** :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts