Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Engine Failure

Dear Grand,

You are right, Speet Twin got a mojor Engine Failure. Oil Pump did not work and I rode about one mile or more without Oil circulation. Carnk Shaft & Connecting are effected and so the Timming Gears.

Bike was parked at my Mom house since and I was busy in the Dubai Real Estate Market. Now i just started to fix the issues.

Speed Twin will be dismantle for Machine work on Dec 25, work already began on 1954 Tiger 110.

I really feel great that you remember, i will keep you posted the progress.

Regards,

Jan_e_alam

·
Super Moderator
12,458 Posts
Jan-

A couple of the guys here were concerned because your ongoing thread about your "old" old bike, and your "new" old bike just stopped suddenly.

We were wondering if you were keeping us in suspense, then you were going to charge admission to hear how the stories ended!!!

I have the Triumph, Norton, and BSA CDs from "Kim the CD Man", they are without a doubt the best thing that has happened to my reference library.

Sorry to hear about the significant damage that was done to your poor Speedy, I hope the crank damage was minimalised to just a set of first undersized mains and a pair of good used connecting rods.

You know you can utilise a newer one-piece Triumph big twin crankshaft, with a special bearing to match the small case casting recess in yyour pre-unit crankcase with the large diameter crankshaft main journal. I can get one of those bearings to you if that will help.

Cheers!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dear Grand,

Thanks for the concern, i really appreciate.

It is very hard to find parts and spares here in Karachi & ordering them from outside specially UK and other countries is very very very very expensive, on the other hand getting parts repair on Lathe Machine done at very reasonable price, believe me we have excellent Lathe Machine Operator. The repair of Speedy will cost me around equivalent to UK Pound 42.

I will post pictures of unfinished and finished job.

1954 Tiger 110 Engine will be assembled soon, pictures will be posted soon.

Regards,

Jan_e_Alam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts