Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

After looking at parts prices for these I may be in trouble.

Bought this slightly crashed 2015 800 XCx yesterday. I mean how much could some front end parts cost right? Lol.

If you're a member of this forum you probably know the answer. I'd previously only had Street Triples and a Daytona, parts for which aren't cheap but not extortionary as on this baby.

Navigating Triumph's parts diagrams is maddening. Obfuscation seems to be a goal.

So will most XC parts (electronics except of course) work? Specifically I'm thinking of downgrading to regular front forks from an XC as a set of replacement WP ones would cost more than what I paid for the bike.

If there's interest I'll document the rebuild process (and cost) on this forum. Just post a note.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Assuming it's an insurance write-off then rebuilding it with full price parts from triumph is unlikely to be economical, that's probably why it was a write off, although it depends how cheap it was.
The trouble with searching for used parts from breakers and eBay is that motorbikes that crash often damage the same parts, especially front end.
if you can find a crash damaged bike that was hit from the rear you'll be laughing.:D
Sorry that wasn't much help, good luck with the build though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don’t see why most XC parts wouldn’t work. The front end parts should be identical, and the forks interchangeable. The electronics would be different of course. I’ve used Bike Bandit quite a bit to order replacement OEM components.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gen 2. After much cross checking of schematics it seems parts are the same. Ordered the stuff I need, on eBay wherever possible. What I couldn't find I bought new.

Had to go with a basic XC front end though. The WP forks would of broken the budget, most of which went towards the instrument cluster. Holy crap that sucker's expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts