Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Well, I'm striking out on eBay lately and was wondering if there was a good place to hunt for a stock 2003 Sprint ST seat. I've getting a price from my local dealer, but I suspect it will be high. Let me know if there is a good source, or if I just need to keep trolling the bay for hits.

Thanks!!!

-Eric

(PS: would also be interested in a stock gel seat for my bike, but prefer the stock unit - believe it or not!) :)

·
Super Moderator
22,109 Posts
Can I ask why you need new seat?
Is it just cosmetic or ???
If it just looks shabby, torn or whatever ......

I just ordered (& received) new SportSkinz seat cover from Sargent for my TL - much nicer than the OEM cover!

All you need is a stapler - and a hair dryer - to install (hair dryer helps material to stretch)

However I actually sent my seat to Spencer at Great Day To Ride and he said if Iincluded new cover in the box with my seat he would install that after the seat pad re-work - at no extra charge! He said he normally has to put OEM cover back on anyway, so same work for him either way. What a great guy!

So - for $80 (shipped) I got the new seat cover in carbon fiber material - came with pillion seat cover I wasn't expecting - and $75 to Spencer for a Comfort mod with Supracor insert, total $155 for seat that will be less than half the cost of a new seat from COrbin or Sargent!

Or if you just want to do the re-cover, you'll probably be out about same as what you pay EBay (with shipping) for a used seat.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can I ask why you need new seat?
Is it just cosmetic or ???
If it just looks shabby, torn or whatever ......

I just ordered (& received) new SportSkinz seat cover from Sargent for my TL - much nicer than the OEM cover!

All you need is a stapler - and a hair dryer - to install (hair dryer helps material to stretch)

However I actually sent my seat to Spencer at Great Day To Ride and he said if Iincluded new cover in the box with my seat he would install that after the seat pad re-work - at no extra charge! He said he normally has to put OEM cover back on anyway, so same work for him either way. What a great guy!

So - for $80 (shipped) I got the new seat cover in carbon fiber material - came with pillion seat cover I wasn't expecting - and $75 to Spencer for a Comfort mod with Supracor insert, total $155 for seat that will be less than half the cost of a new seat from COrbin or Sargent!

Or if you just want to do the re-cover, you'll probably be out about same as what you pay EBay (with shipping) for a used seat.
The bike actually came with a Corbin and I'm not crazy about it. Seems a bit wide for me. I think it would be great for "touring" but not so much "sport".

·
Registered
77 Posts
might be able to help

TheStumper,

I have a stock seat (minus the side bolts for gear pegs). PM me if your interested. It's got a total of 40miles on it and 2 years of dust but other wise in great condition.

JS

1 - 10 of 10 Posts