Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find the part # for the pannier infill panel on a silver 2005 Triumph Sprint ST? (I had a little mishap during a U-turn on a hill). There's a guy selling one one ebay who lists the color as "grey" but gives the part # (A9500102-LG). I'm trying to figure out if his "grey" is my silver.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I can't help with the part number but I can relate to your mishap. I did the same thing a few days ago. It was like slow motion. I, too, am looking for the infill panel but am looking for blue. Did your chrome piece on the fairing survive?

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
A9508035-PR Infill Panel Kit, Phantom Blk
A9508035-PG infill Panel Kit,pannier,black
A9508035-NF infill Panel Kit,pannier,white
A9508035-MH pannier Infills, A.silver
A9508035-LC pannier Infills, Graphite
A9508035-JI pannier Infills, Pacific Blue
A9508035-FG infill Panel Kit,pann,yellow
A9508035-JD pannier Infills, Caspian Blue
A9508035-EG infill Panel Kit, Bzg Orange
A9508035-CP pannier Infills, Sunset Red
A9508035-CM infill Panel Kit,pannier,red

Suggest you contact the seller as there seems to be a PN discrepancy. I looked at the item on ebay and it seems to be correct for the 05 silver.

Before someone comments re the listed colors, think about it. :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
The Bike Bandit (www.bikebandit.com) is a good source for all things on microfiche, including OEM part numbers. They also have decent prices on replacement parts.

Let me add I have no commercial interest; I'm just a consumer of parts.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've been informed via private IM that BikeBandit does NOT use OEM part numbers in its index. They are their own stock numbers.

Sorry 'bout that. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've been informed via private IM that BikeBandit does NOT use OEM part numbers in its index. They are their own stock numbers.

Sorry 'bout that. :rolleyes:
I believe they USED to, but switched away from doing so. I am not 100% sure on that but I recall seeing OEM part numbers on there in the past.....

Edit: actually, if you search for "A9500102" under their OEM parts you'll get the listing. I suppose it's the fiche that doesn't list OEM part numbers any more.

I believe that the A9500102-MH is a pair of infill panels. At least, when I ordered a replacement panel my dealer, I got a pair, although I can't vouch for the exact part number (the -MH does ring a bell though). So $65 buy-it-now is pretty pricey when I believe you can get a pair for $90 on Bike Bandit and keep the spare as a backup or sell it on eBay. Just a thought.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Bikebandit.com sells the individual infills for $59 each.

Here is BBs part number 7715203-XXX

Use "triumphrat" discount code for 10% off + $7.95 delivery and it is less than the ebay one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Little bump here.. does anyone know the part number(s) for the screws, washers and plastic cap that attach the infill panels to the pannier?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey all... I went to BB for the same item in Phantom Black. However, not sure what is correct to order:

INFILL PANEL,PANNIER (5966305-001) $59 or INFILL PANEL KIT (5967549-001) $128 or INFILL PANEL KIT (5966320-001) $150

What is the difference?

·
Banned
372 Posts
Hey all... I went to BB for the same item in Phantom Black. However, not sure what is correct to order:

INFILL PANEL,PANNIER (5966305-001) $59 or INFILL PANEL KIT (5967549-001) $128 or INFILL PANEL KIT (5966320-001) $150

What is the difference?
I'd imagine Single vs. Pair vs. Trio for the respective number of panniers/top box?

mojo, when my dealership had to order an infill panel kit for me, the screws, washers and plastic caps were included.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, it looks like I've joined the club. Today I was putting my Sprint on the center stand in my garage, must have been careless, and before I knew what happened my bike was laying on it's right side. The good news is that the only damage is that chrome thing on the fairing cut-out and the infill on the left pannier.

So the questions: Does anybody have a Tornado red infill to fit a ST 1050 pannier? Am I able to buy just one from a dealer? I see pairs from a couple on-line sources but no singles. I sent an email to Bike Bandit and waiting for a reply. Also, what kind of tool do I need for the infill screws? The screws have a fastener that I've never seen before.

·
Premium Member
2018 Kawasaki H2 SX SE, '73 Yamaha RD350, '74 Kawasaki H1E 500
2,040 Posts
apexal,

Yes, you can buy just one infill panel. Triumph Part # A9500102-CM. CM is the color code - in your case I believe CM is the correct code for Tornado Red but double check that before you order. Cost for just one panel without any fixings is $97.

What kind of tool for the infill screws? A screwdriver usually works. :D That's a good question because the fitting instructions for the Infill Panel Kit show a torx screw. However, I checked my panniers and the four fixings are just Phillips screws. When you remove them pay attention to the little rubber washers under each fixing - they're designed to keep water out.

Click here to see the fitting instructions for the kit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would avoid using a phillips head screwdriver on those infill screws, as you need to apply quite a bit of pressure and strength to run the screws into the infill and you could strip them. It would be advisable to find the correct tool, if possible.

Does anyone have the part number(s) for the screws themselves, and the little rubber washers? Those would be useful to have in this thread for reference purposes. Extra screws/washers do not come with replacement infill panels, at least in my case.

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Extra screws/washers do not come with replacement infill panels, at least in my case.
Yes, most owners simply want a replacement panel without fixings. However, if you need the screws, hooks and rubber washers then the infill panel kit would be the thing to buy. That might apply if you bought used panniers without the colored infill panels.

I would avoid using a phillips head screwdriver on those infill screws..........
On my panniers those fixings are Phillips screws (as stated in my previous post). Why wouldn't you use a Phillips screwdriver and what tool would you use on Phillips screws?

Apexal said that his panniers had a type of fixing he had not seen before. It's possible that he has torx screws which would obviously require a torx bit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
On my panniers those fixings are Phillips screws (as stated in my previous post). Why wouldn't you use a Phillips screwdriver and what tool would you use on Phillips screws?

Apexal said that his panniers had a type of fixing he had not seen before. It's possible that he has torx screws which would obviously require a torx bit.
The problem here is that apexal needs glasses! Champ, you are 100% correct. With my glasses on, the screws are in fact a odd looking phillips head. A phillips head screwdriver works perfectly! Thanks!

And thank you for the part number for the infill. BB never responded to my e-mail so I'll try calling.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just plugged in part # A9500102-CM on the Bike Bandit web site and the price for one infill is $59.03. I also ordered the chrome thing (including fasteners) that goes over the fairing side vent for a grand total of $109.82 including shipping. I can't get over how lucky I am to get out of this mishap for $110 bucks!

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Now that's interesting. If I search that part # under my machine (2006 Sprint ST) I get no results. But if I search without specifying the machine it's successful. :) Also interesting is the price difference - $59 for your Tornado Red, $91 for my Sunset Red and a whopping $127 for Caspian Blue.

Thanks apexal - I would've never figured that out for myself.

BTW - make sure you ordered the correct chrome swoosh. Later model Sprints have a different piece - same left and right. Older Sprints have a different shape and they're handed.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Anyone know what size or part number those screw and washers are??!?!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts