Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Replaced the factory headlight with a Hella metal and glass unit. Problem with the parking/pilot light, as the factory lamp and wiring are not compatible with the Hella lamp. Anyone addressed this issue before?

The Hella pilot lamp seems better quality, but I don't know where to get the correct plug for the single spade and separate ground attachment on the housing.

Thanks, Jeff

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found that a standard 6.4mm female spade connector fits the bill, so I removed the stock socket and added the spade connectors. Now to dig up the wiring diagram and modify the rubber socket cover on the headlamp to fit the wires!

Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
When I replaced my headlight with a Hella without a place for the parking light, I unplugged the parking light and tossed it in my parts box. No problem there, it's a totally useless part, but I think that the Euros require it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi Jeff,

If the Hella pilot light is an LED, remember to spin it around 180 degrees if it does not light the first time. I fell for that one and rode around for three years thinking the position light (LED) as dud when all it needed was the different polarity from taking it our, rotating it and then back in the socket.
Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts